xxvii

Johnny's Point Of View:

We're going to the court in three hours. I am so nervous. I love Mackenzie but I guess I have to give her up.

I am currently in my cabin, finishing some work. I couldn't focus on anything except the decision, and well, her.

The relationship between our parents will not be the same, ever. And it's all because of me. I am so ashamed.

But Mackenzie is finally free from all my crap. She doesn't have to deal with me anymore.

I hardly ever fell in love, I've fallen only thrice in my whole 23 year old life.

Once for Nadia, and twice for Mackenzie.

Okay, that was some cheesy shit. I won't say it again.

///

I drove from the office straight to the court. I waited outside for the others, including Hayden and Carson. And they were the first ones to come.

"Bro, I'm so sorry. I mean you've never fallen for anyone except for Nadia, and Mackenzie now. You lost Nadia. But now you're going to lose Mackenzie too?! That's shit." Carson frowned.

"Well, I'm glad that I lost Nadia. But I won't be able to forget Mackenzie. She'll always have a piece of my heart." I replied.

Hayden patted my back and said, "I'm sorry that it didn't work out. Lauren and I pressured you to tell her the truth."

"Ah well, it had to be out some time. Better now than...um, late?" I said.

We saw two girls coming towards us. They stopped in front of us and one of them said to me, "So you're the jerk!"

"I'm sorry, who are you?" I asked.

"I'm Brynn. And this is Annie. We are Mackenzie's best friends." Brynn said pointing at Annie.

"See, you guys don't know the backstory of the whole situation. Maybe we grab coffee sometime and I explain?" Carson said, trying to flirt with Brynn.

"Um nah I'll just ask Mackenzie." And then she turned around. She turned back to me and said, "....Which by the way is here."

I tensed up. The moment has come. I have to let her go. She deserves to live a happy and a peaceful life. A life without me, who is a fucking monster.

///

"Both of you have to sign the papers and you'll be officially divorced." The lawyer said to us.

"Mr. Orlando, you're up first." She said as she handed me the papers.

I sighed. The tears slowly flowed from my eyes (a/n: does that make sense lol?) I slowly signed the papers and handed them back to the lawyer.

"Now, Miss Ziegler, we need your signature." She handed the papers to Mackenzie.

I closed my eyes. I didn't want to see the look on her, or anyone's face.

A few moments passed by, there was complete silence. Then the lawyer spoke up, "Miss Ziegler, I need you to sign this." My eyes were still closed, so I couldn't see the look on anyone's face.

Another few moments passed, then Mackenzie finally spoke up, "I don't want to do this, I don't want to divorce."

\\\\

Heheheh ;)

VOTE y'all