xxi

Mackenzie's Point Of View:

I was woken up by my alarm. I quickly turned it off and went to the shower to clean up.

It was Saturday, meaning no workshop class today. I changed into leggings and a sweatshirt to get comfy, or maybe to do some chores at home. I know we have servants for that but I like to do work.

As I came back from the bathroom to my room, I noticed John was no where to be seen. Weird. Mer and Dale went out of town for a few days. They left this morning, but I didn't know about him.

I walked downstairs to see Johnny, Lauren and Johnny's best friend, Hayden. There he is.

"Um, hi Lauren. How are you here? Hayden, nice to meet you for the first time." I politely greeted them.

"Johnny has to talk about something to you. We gotta leave." Hayden said, standing up.

"Bye Mackenzie, and sorry." Lauren said.

"Sorry? For what?" I asked, confused.

"You'll figure out." And then they left.

I turned to Johnny, seeing him white as a paper. "Are you sick? You look so pale." I asked worriedly.

"Mackenzie, listen to me." He said to which I nodded.

"So, you know about mine and Nadia's past. You knew I loved her so much. You think I loved her, but I love her. Yes, I still do. I don't know how you survived with Brandon, he's a monster and I feel sorry for you that you had to deal with him. As you know, Nadia and Brandon are dating. I might have met her after our day of marriage to let her explain about shit. And I might or might not have saved her from Brandon that night when I pushed you." He says and takes a deep breath.

"S-so, the other day when I said I want to give this marriage another chance, and I took you out on dates, the instagram photos, my sweet gestures to you, it was- it was just for her attention. That day at the cinema, I kissed you so she could see. Please forgive me, I never meant to hurt you. " he finished.

I was stunned. Another person just used me and admitted it.

By this time tears were running down my cheeks, but still I managed to say, "You feel sorry for me now? After all you did? I bet Lauren and Hayden forced you to spit it all out. Or else, I would still be getting fooled by you, on a daily basis. You said I shouldn't be insecure. You know how much your compliments meant to me? But now I know that they were all fake. Thank you so much." I said, followed by a bitter laugh.

"And about Brandon? You feel bad for me for what he did? He used me, and so did you. I don't see any difference between the two of you now. The only difference is that you hurt me more than he ever will. But no no no, I won't be over dramatic this time and scream, I'm just gonna smile, because I'm used to this kind of crap." Another bitter laugh.

"Mackenzie, don't do me like that. You should hate me. I am so stupid."

"Last but definitely not the least, Nadia."  I ignored him and continued," You love her, you still do, I got that feeling that you do after our first kiss. Damn I was stunned by your move, I wasn't that comfortable at first, but I sacrificed my comfort for you. You just tried to get her attention. But did she ever gave you any? Huh? I think the fuck not. You didn't even realize that she doesn't even care anymore. But you're still her fool. I tried to help you out to get out of her mess, but you decided to stay there.  You were too good to me, it was too perfect, unbelievable in fact. I never felt so loved. You know why I can't hate you? Because I fell for you. Hard. But you didn't even try to connect the dots. But now, that's alright. I hope you start a new life because I'll be completely vanished out of your life. Good day to you, Mister Orlando." And after that, I walked upstairs, locking my room.

\\\

I feel so bad for Kenz. Sorry for short chapter but I hope you liked sum tea ☕ what will happen in the next chapter? Stay tuned babessss.

Vote and comment bc I did sum hardwork oop :)))