Chapter Thirteen

It had been a few days, and I knew that Optimus was growing more and more worried for me, as was Ratchet. Especially since the longer I was here, the better the chance the 'cons had of finding me. However, I stayed out of sight of all the cameras, only leaving certain rooms when Ratchet did, and he rarely left the lab, so I rarely left my perch on one of the cameras. I hadn't slept for three days, which I had gotten used to long before this, due to my time spent with MECH.

Although... I was honestly falling asleep until I heard Ratchet gasp. I was instantly on alert.

"The final piece of the puzzle", he whispers. I readied myself to go flying, though my wings had not been used in some time. "Thank you, Decepticon engineering."

I watched as Shockwave was called out of the room and Knockout put in charge of watching Ratchet. Ratchet turns to look at Knockout, who was distracted by tightening the lid on a container, I believe. 

"I can't allow Megatron to possess the stabilized formula", he whispers, turning to the computer and doing something on it. "Not now or ever." He then quietly moves to some tech stuff and does something to hit, causing an explosion, as well as the room to be filled with smoke.

"For the love of what is happening?" Knockout exclaims as he turns around. Ratchet turns to look at Knockout and comes up with a excuse.

"The formula's instability- it must have triggered... a chain reaction", Ratchet says as the smoke begins to hide him from Knockout. The smoke was quickly reaching to me so I took my hoodie and covered my nose and mouth with it to keep from breathing in the most likely toxic smoke.

I heard the doors open after Knockout calls for the guards and I instantly fly towards them, where I find Ratchet leaving as well. He transforms and drives away, and I quickly fly towards him, before grabbing onto the back of his alt mode. I hear a startled splutter from him.

"It's just me", I hiss at him. "Keep driving."

Ratchet does so, driving so fast that I had a hard time hanging on when he took corners. Soon, however, we were being chased by three vehicons that were shooting at us. Getting tired of Ratchet's swerving, I opened my wings and let myself be blown backwards before unsheathing my swords and slicing them through two of the vehicons legs. They drop to the ground, but continue shooting. At least until I manage to slice through their blasters. Then I go after the last one that had continued to chase after Ratchet. I do the same thing I did to the other two, before sheathing my swords and catching up to Ratchet. I grab onto him again, and fold my wings to my back.

But we were in trouble anyway, because less than a minute later, Megatron's foot was slammed down onto Ratchet's hood. Ratchet groans before growling at Megatron.

"If you terminate me, you will never get your hands on the formula", he growls. I glare up at Megatron who was watching me with mild surprise. Megatron removes his foot and I quickly move away (not exposing my wings) so Ratchet could transform. When he does, he is on his hands and knees, and looking down at the ground.

"Oh, I wouldn't be so certain, Doctor", Megatron grins. "My experts are working diligently to untangle your false trail, as we speak."

Ratchet looks up, fear clouding his optics, before some vehicons appear and cuff him. Megatron then turns his attention to me.

"And you", he growls. "How did you get on my warship without me noticing?"

I yawn, pretending to be bored as I look at my finger nails. "I don't know... It's a long story... one I'm sure you don't have time for."

Megatron growls and picks me up, squeezing me tightly. I gasp as I felt my lungs start to give out.

"Please... let go... can't... breathe...", I groan. Megatron smirks before releasing his grip completely, me falling to the ground. My eyes widen, before my wings splay outwards, flapping wildly. I manage to bring myself back up to look Megatron in the eyes. This time I was smirking at his wide eyes.

"Surprise", I whisper. Megatron growls and goes to grab me but I dodge just as I had been trained. Again, Megatron looked surprised, especially when I pulled out my swords. Then he laughed.

"And what are those tiny blades supposed to do?" Megatron laughed. I roll my eyes, and fly over to Ratchet, swiping at his cuffs, to which they disappeared. Ratchet and Megatron both watch me in shock. I look directly at Ratchet.

"Go!" I yell. His eyes suddenly widen as he realizes what I meant.

"But-" I cut him.

"No! Just go!" He looks reluctant but runs while I face Megatron. Megatron laughs again.

"You just got rid of your last chance to actually survive against me", he says. I shake my head, sighing.

"You know what I learned from reading a book?" Megatron frowns.

"What does reading have to do with this?"

"Reading teaches you things. And reading one specific book taught me one thing", I growl. "You wanna know what that book taught me?"

Megatron sighs. "No, though I suspect that you will tell me anyway."

I smirk. "If you don't know your enemies potential, don't expect to be stronger than them." With that I turned my swords around, the blades pointing behind me and I flew towards Megatron, slicing his neck with my right blade. He let out a startled gasp as energon began to trickle down his neck, before anger became apparent in his face, and body posture.

"Lord Megatron", a voice rang through the air. "The warship is under attack by the Autobots."

Megatron growls while I smirk. He attempts to grab me, but I fly out of his reach.

"You distracted me while the Autobot medic uncloaked the warship and contacted the Autobots", he growls. 

"You sure are slow, Megsy", I mutter, before flying up to the ceiling, where he could not reach me, and sheath my swords.

He storms off, and I quickly fly in the opposite direction. I kept looking behind me to make sure nothing was coming up behind me. Unfortunately, due my constant looking behind, I wasn't paying attention to what was in front of me, and ran into something, shocking me into closing my eyes. I started falling to the ground but something gently caught me. When I opened my eyes again, I saw Smokescreen's kind blue eyes staring at me. I blink before standing up and opening my wings, and flying upwards.

"Hey, Smokescreen", I ask once I level out with his face. "Watcha doing?"

"Getting the Star Saber for Optimus", Smokescreen answers. I grin. "Perfect! I'll come with you!"

Smokescreen blinks before shrugging and running off, me following him. I ended up having to land on his shoulder when he had to phase through a wall to get to the relic room. Once we got inside, I immediately started flying again. Smokescreen quickly finds  the Star Saber which I discovered was the sword Optimus had the last time I was on Cybertron.

Smokescreen goes up to it. "I was hoping you'd still be here." I smile as he grabs it, and rests it on one shoulder. I land on the other shoulder, and hang on tightly as he runs in the direction of the Omega Lock. We run past Arcee and Bumblebee and Smokescreen turns on the phase shifter to allow us to run through some 'cons- including Starscream- and through the door to the Omega Lock. It was then that I realized that we were still in space. Unfortunately, there was no chance for me to get back to oxygen filled hallway, because a blast came and hit Smokescreen, making both of fly back. I hit my head pretty hard on the glass and black spots filled my vision. I tried to get up but it failed, and I lost consciousness completely.

When I came to, I saw Bumblebee get hit with three purple blasts straight to his chest. The blasts came from Megatron. My eyes widen, and, completely forgetting that we were in space, I dart towards Bumblebee, using my wings to propel myself as fast as possible. I managed to get him before he fell into the blue pool of liquid, but even with my enhanced strength, he was still too heavy for me to lift. I ended up getting pulled with him to the liquid. And boy, it burned. It felt as if it was eating away at my skin. I tried to scream, but that only served to get the burning liquid in my mouth, and it started to eat away at me from the inside out. I felt myself fading away, and the last thing I saw was Optimus' angry blue eyes.