Chapter Eight

When I wake up, all the Autobots are gone except for Ratchet and Predaking. I also noticed we weren't outside anymore and instead inside a ship that looked strikingly like the Decepticon's warship. My mind doesn't seem to care anymore... it just goes instantly to Optimus and how I was most likely never going to see him again.

"How is that possible?" Ratchet asks, confusion filling his voice.

"What?" Jack asks.

"An Autobot signal... but it's airborne", Ratchet answers, still confused. I frown but shake my head. The only bot I care for right now is dead.

"All units", Ultra Magnus' voice came over the com-link. "Optimus Prime has returned."

There were several cheers from the humans and cybertronian near me. Ultra Magnus speaks again. "I repeat, Prime is alive, and quite well."

 My friends turned to me. I couldn't move. Shock was flowing through my body, before a large smile appeared on my face, and tears in my eyes.

'Optimus?'

'Hello, Astraea.'

I started sobbing, but they were happy sobs, and the others could tell because a smile graced my face. I climbed out of the bed I was still on, and joined them at the computer, Ratchet helping me up. Tori hugged me tightly, and wiped away my tears. 

"Don't cry, Astraea. He's okay", she says. I smile at her, but tears still fell.

"I know. I'm just so happy that I'm crying", I say softly. She smiles and we listen to what the other Autobots say. Not much was said until Ultra Magnus called the others to clear the area.

Fowler then told us that he sent us some coordinates to ground bridge to, which we do. Once there, we wait for the others to arrive. I was waiting outside, bouncing on my feet. I see a ship arrive as well as a flying Autobot. I blink before recognizing the color scheme. My eyes widen at the upgraded Optimus, though a smile still breaks out across my face.

"OPTIMUS!!" I cry out as I run towards him. He instantly kneels down so I can see his face easier. I smile, tears in my eyes as I see him.

"Astraea", he whispers. "How did you escape from the Decepticons?" 

I smile. "I had a little help from a certain predacon."

Predaking then steps forward and Optimus stands. I gape at how tall Predaking actually is. He had to be at least three feet taller than Optimus. "Well, that's terrifying. I knew you were tall, Predaking, but I never thought you would be taller than Optimus."

Predaking chuckles softly, and Optimus smiles kindly at him.

"Thank you for helping my beloved escape from the Decepticons", Optimus murmurs. I blink. Optimus had never been open about our feelings for each other with others before.

"Optimus? I thought we weren't going to let others know about that?" I say. Optimus smiles down at me, though the smile was sad.

"Even with our precautions, Astraea, Megatron still somehow managed to find out. There is no point in trying to hide it from our allies, when the enemy already knows."

I blink before nodding. "Optimus, you are never allowed to almost die again, alright?"

Optimus chuckles. "I will try, my dearest one."

I smile and Optimus sets a hand down by the ground for me to climb on. Then he lets me go onto his shoulder.

"Woah", I gasp at the new height. "You're definitely taller, OP."

Optimus doesn't say anything, and instead walks inside. Once everyone is inside, Fowler speaks.

"On behalf of the President, and the joint chiefs, I thank you all for your selfless heroism in defense of this planet. I'm only sorry that the world can't yet know of your undying dedication, because I, for one, owe you my life, my liberty, and my future." Fowler salutes at the Autobots and I smile softly.

"Sir, I am honored to relinquish command of the Autobots to you", Ultra Magnus says. I smile at him.

"Welcome to Earth, Ultra Magnus", Optimus says.

"And to Team Prime", I add. Optimus glances at me, and I only smile at him, to which he returns.

Miko comes running up to us. "Okay, someone's gotta say it", she smiles. "Optimus 2.0 is rad! Imagine what the Forge could do for your bod!" She looks over at Ratchet, who splutters at her implication. I laugh quietly.

"Is it true that Forge has been drained of it's power?" Ratchet asks once he gets his words back. "Then any hope of rebuilding the Omega Lock has truly been lost." Ratchet walks over to the unfamiliar bot which I assumed was Smokescreen. He was looking down.

"I... did what I thought was right", the bot murmurs.

"And your instincts have again proven to be quite sound", Ratchet says. I smile softly before looking to the bot that I was assuming to be Smokescreen.

"So... I don't quite know who you yet. I suspect I was at college when you first arrived here", I say.

The bot blinks before a smile comes across his face. "The name's Smokescreen!"

I smile at him. "I'm Astraea. It's wonderful to finally become acquainted with you. Smokescreen."

Smokescreen smiles and we all join together in a circle smiling at one another, though it got quiet and awkward for a moment. After a few moments, I couldn't handle it anymore.

"Well, this is awkward."