Chapter Five

A month later, classes had started. However, I was getting a feeling of dread. And so was Tori. There had been no sign of Starscream or any Decepticon in the area. And lately, both Optimus and Ratchet had been distant. I was worried, and while Tori tried to convince me not to worry too much, I knew she was worried as well.

I was coming out of my last class of the day and was about to head back to the apartment, when I head a loud jet overhead. I looked up and saw a familiar jet. Starscream.

I immediately took off running, but it seems he had already seen me, because he came a flew up next to me before transforming. I heard screams all around me as I stared fearfully up at the face. "You'll be coming with me, along with your friend."

I shook my head at him, and started running again, but he quickly transformed around me. I found myself in the cockpit with Tori. She was staring fearfully at me.

"Tori, do you know why he's just now coming for us?" I ask, her fear reflected in my eyes. She shakes her head, and I sigh, only able to know that we passed through a ground bridge when the strange feeling passed through my bones. Starscream transformed and we ended up in his servos. He gripped us tightly before putting us in separate glass tubes. I gasp when I see Raf, Miko, and Jack in some of the same tubes. I heard Tori start to yell and when I looked over at her, she was looking straight at Miko.

"Let my sister go!" she screamed. No one listened to her, and eventually her yelling turned into sobs. "Please, let my sister go... please..."

Soon, another portal opens, one I recognize as a space bridge, and suddenly, I'm fearing for my friends lives even more. A random vehicon grabs Tori's glass tube while Soundwave grabs hold of Raf's, Knockout's grabs Miko's tube, and Starscream takes hold of mine and Jack's.

They all walk through the space bridge and I find myself staring at the Autobots and Megatron. On Cybertron. I gulped and looked at Optimus, whose optics were very fearful as they connected with mine. Starscream handed the tube I was in to Megatron. It was then that I noticed that Megatron had a mismatched arm.

I wasn't sure what was happening but I knew it had something to do with the keys that four of the Autobots were holding.

"And if we refuse?" Optimus asks warily. Megatron grins sadistically.

"Then I will have no choice but to open the pods, exposing them to Cybertron's toxic atmosphere", Megatron answers. My eyes widen and my fear was overwhelming. Tears started to streak down my face, and I pressed my hands up against the glass, staring at Optimus. Megatron continues to speak. "And then we can all watch them instantly perish, together."

Miko kicks the glass and before sighing. "Not how I wanted to spend my first trip to Cybertron..."

I look over at her, worry shining in my eyes. I don't know what the deal was but I couldn't help but hope that it was not one human for one key because there were five humans and four keys. 

I could see that the Autobots were hesitating in the decision, so Megatron turned to Starscream.

"Starscream", he says. I gulp. Starscream grins and lifts Jack's container up before tapping on the glass

"Jack", he does a sing-song voice. "It's time to come out and play." Starscream then scrapes his fingers down the side of the glass. It screeched loudly, and I winced, the sound hurting my ears.

Jack spoke bravely. "Go ahead. The Autobots were prepared to sacrifice themselves for my planet. I'll do the same for theirs."

Miko turns to look at Knockout. "Me too." She pauses. "Creepy." I roll my eyes at the insult to Knockout.