Chapter Four

Tori and I were waiting at the apartment at about noon, when a soft knock came to the door. I go to the door and look to the peep hole to see Optimus' and Ratchet's holoforms standing there. I smile and open the door.

I invite them in, causing them to walk in. When I turn around, I notice Tori staring at Ratchet's holoform. I smirk but say nothing about it.

"Tori, this is Ratchet, and this is Optimus Prime, but you can just call him Optimus", I say, introducing them to each other. Ratchet extends his hand out to Tori. She hesitantly takes it.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Tori", Ratchet says with a small smile. Tori nods before nervously clearing her throat.

"It's nice to meet you too", she whispers. I giggle slightly. I walk to one of the couches and sit down. 

"Have a seat guys", I say. Optimus instantly takes the seat next to me, while Ratchet sits next to Tori.

"So, what is this about Starscream paying you guys a visit?" Optimus asks.

"He was in his holoform... he threatened that he would be back to take me and Tori to Megatron..." I whisper.

"I have questions about how you know what Starscream looks like. You have never met him before", Ratchet says. I sigh and look directly at him.

"That is what we want to talk to you about..." I whisper. Tori continues.

"You see, we have met him before. Just... Astraea couldn't remember... she had amnesia... that is... until she met me..." she whispers.

"And then I had that dream memory..." I whisper. "I was hanging in chains and Megatron was talking to me. Well, more like making fun of me and my predicament. It was soon after that that I first met Tori. She was covered in blood, and had been there several days before me. That was my third day there. I was in a bit of pain, though probably not as much pain as Tori. I was bloodied up a bit, and bruised..."

"Why would Megatron kidnap two humans?" Optimus murmurs. Tori is the one to speak.

"We weren't the only two... The others... didn't make it... He was trying to connect our minds to his so he could speak to us without being near us. And, I suspect, to control our minds. But it didn't work. After the experimentation, when he discovered that Astraea had a case of amnesia and didn't remember any of them, he let her go. Put her back exactly where he had taken her. I had to escape. It wasn't easy, but I managed to sneak out when they took Astraea back to Earth. I stuck around Astraea, being a silent protector as she called it last night", Tori says. I smile sadly.

"It was the day after we both were off the warship that we were able to hear you in our minds", I say softly. Ratchet and Optimus looked shocked.

"Megatron's experiments had worked, though not the way he expected", Tori whispers.

It was silent for a moment before we heard sounds outside. I recognized them as the voices of Scarlett and Evelyn. My eyes widen but Optimus holds a finger up to his lips. He smiles and kisses my forehead before his holoform disappears, Ratchet's following soon after. It didn't bother me too much but Tori was definitely surprised. She looked at me and I just give her an amused face before mouthing 'I'll tell you later.' She nods and the door opens. Scarlett and Evelyn walk in, obviously surprised at seeing us here.

"I thought you were going to go meet up with someone?" Evelyn says. I smile.

"We did, a while ago. We got back about ten minutes ago", I say. Evelyn raises an eyebrow before shaking her head. 

"You guys are strange. You literally just met each other, and now you're like besties", she mutters. I chuckle in amusement.

"You mean like you and Scarlett?" I tease. Evelyn stumbles over her words before she sighs and shakes her head. 

"You know, I wish you went back to being shy and quiet", Evelyn mutters, walking to her room.

I laugh loudly. "You know you love my spunky side, Lyn!"

"Shut up!" she called back me. I laugh again, before smiling softly. 

"Well, I'm going to go walk around, anyone care to join me?" I ask, looking around the room. Tori stands up and I smile softly. 

It was a pleasant walk.