Skye x Ying pt2

REQUESTED BY QueenaUwU

"S-Skye, I'm sorry if you didn't like me kissing you!"

Ying cried, her dark brown eyes wide with sorrow and pain. Skye swallowed hard, making a poor attempt to wipe her tears from her face. She then turned away, gaze looking everywhere but Ying.

When Ying saw Skye do that, she frowned, shoulders hunched and her eyes watered with not yet fallen tears. She stared down at her hands.

Ying had mustered up the courage to kiss her long time crush, and she had just been given the cold shoulder.

Speaking of cold, Ying slightly shivered as some snowflakes landed on her bare shoulder. Curse her poor attire.

Meanwhile, Skye was feeling conflicted right now.

I thought I liked Koga... Why am I feeling so warm and fuzzy on the inside? I should be feeling sad-

She stopped her thoughts when a quiet sneeze sounded from her side. Skye glanced over at Ying, who was sitting there with her teeth chattering. The smaller elf was attempting to keep warm by rubbing the side of her arms with her palms.

"Ying... Why're you still here?"

Skye asked, heart aching as she stared at the other elf who just smiled sadly, her eyes filled with tears.

"Because I like you, Skye. I'd do anything for you, and that includes waiting outside in the cold for you."

Ying said as she held up a shaking hand to gesture at the falling snow. Skye felt her insides grow all warm at Ying's words, and she slowly inched next to Ying. She hesitantly wrapped an arm around the smaller elf, who let out a cute noise of surprise.

"I'll keep you warm then."

Skye said softly, rubbing a hand up and down Ying's back. Ying seemed to be emotional as she said shakily,

"I really like you, Skye..."

"I..."

Skye hesitated for a second, and then relaxed. This felt right.

"I like you too, Ying."