38 || revolving door

brooklyn

A

Before Luke and I got right down to it, I made sure to order Chinese food while I still could. So when we were done, I knew it'd be waiting outside the door perfectly wrapped up and still warm.

I put on Luke's white t-shirt he insists on wearing under everything, they're always so soft. He keeps buying more and more packs of the Hanes staple item because I do tend to steal them every time I see him. I grabbed a fresh panty from the drawer and some warm socks before retrieving our dinner from the hall. After grabbing the necessary tools from the kitchen, we ate it in bed.

"Hey you're coming tomorrow night, right?" Luke nudges me with his elbow, struggling to get noodles into his mouth with his chopsticks.

"Yes! Yes I'll be there I promise." I nudge him back.

I couldn't believe this part of the tour was ending and by next week, another is going to start. I don't know where the time goes these days. There was once a time I'd stare at the clock for hours and wonder how is it not tomorrow yet?

"Okay. Good."

"I really am sorry I didn't make it to SNL. The whole day got away from me and I just-"

"Mar I promise it's fine. Next time your plans change though please just tell me. Almost put an amber alert out on you." He teased.

"I don't mean to disappear like that."

"I know."

"I just can't help it."

"Just tell me what's going on up there, heh." He points at my head. I nod.

"So you don't break any promises next time."

❖ ❖ ❖

The morning sun pierced through the linen curtains and the day flooded through my apartment. I was spooning Luke but I felt my arm get dangerously numb. My instinct is to get up, start the day and the coffee machine. But Luke loves to linger. I want to be in the shower, five feet away from him. But it'll hurt Luke's feelings.

So I laid there, playing with his hair. He eventually turned over, draping his arm around my torso and his head laid on my chest. I could feel his breath on my bare skin, letting out tiny and big snores every then and again. I tried not to laugh.

I heard Luke take a deep breath, then his arm moved, rubbing his eye awake. He yawned quickly, pulling me tighter against him.

"Is that the sun?" He mumbles.

"It is the sun, yeah." I say back.

"Fuck." He sighed, he untangled his limbs from mine and sat up next to me.

"Gotta tell ya something." He says.

"What?"

"I hate to break it to you but I think your apartment might be the point on the earth closest to the sun."

I giggle, wondering how he could talk so much on no caffeine because god knows I can't.

Luke plants a kiss on my forehead, "Are you gonna make me get out of this bed?"

"Oh yeah." I tell him, chuckling against his bare chest, I wrapped my arms around his waist tightly, placing a kiss on his peck.

Luke swooped me up, pinning me against the other end of the bed despite my protests and fit of laughter and placed sloppy kisses on my neck, probably wanting to finish his assault on it from last night.