47

~•~

~•~

Struggling to stay awake, Ara leaned further into the warmth holding her tightly.

With her ear pressed to his chest to hear the rhythmic beating of his heart, and arms tucked close to herself as her hand lay over his pec, Ara lay safely on Jimin's lap with his arms around her.

She didn't have the strength to change out of her bloody shirt nor tend to her wounds the paramedics already treated. No one had any strength left as Jimin still wore his own bloody cloths and Jungkook, Seokjin, Namjoon, and Jae remained quiet.

It wasn't until the sound of porcelain mugs hitting the coffee table broke the silence. "Are you guys alright?"

Their gaze shifted from insignificant spots in the room to the tall, broad man standing in his sleepwear.

"Thanks for taking us in, Kai." Jungkook smiled, taking a mug from the table before he took a sip. He winced when the hot liquid burned his tongue and he quickly placed it back on the table.

Kai smiled with a soft nod, shoving his hands to his pockets. "Of course."

"Ara," he called for her with a softly voice. Her round eyes looked up at him with dried tears staining her puffy cheeks and swollen lips in a pout. "Are you okay?"

Her lip quivered before she spoke. How could she answer when she didn't even know what she was feeling? She was feeling everything, yet nothing all at once. The wave of emotions were overwhelming her to the point where all she felt was a numbness.

"I-I don't understand. I was just sleeping when- and- and I killed him. I-"

Her eyes fell on Jimin when she pulled away from him, palms resting on is chest for support. The corner of his lip was painted brown with dried up blood, his cheek bone was colored purple as bruises blossomed with an expectation of pain. His brow bone was cut and treated with a thin bandage. The thin shirt he carried on was splattered with blood stains and a cut, revealing the slit where a knife grazed his flesh. The hands that rested on her thigh and back were treated from the blood and cuts from a violent attack.

Ara would cry, but even that required strength she didn't have. So she only shut her eyes and leaned into him, holding him as tight as she could.

"I'm alright." Jimin whispered, stroking her back for comfort.

The girl had cried into his arms the whole night and with a shaky voice asked him if he was okay repeatedly. He knew she was going to continue asking him.

"Jungkook?" Kai asked, skipping over Jimin as he had already answered.

Jungkook sighed, leaning forward to rest his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands.