41

TWO YEARS LATER

~•~

Ara's chest heaved while her parted, wet lips gasped for air with such need. She moaned a exasperated pant as her back arched like a beautiful dove.

Strands of her gorgeous honey blonde haired fell out of her ponytail, sticking to her forehead and neck from the sweat. Ara's whimpers fall into the rhythm of the movement at her inner thighs that were beginning to grow sore.

Ara moaned as she gripped on to anything she could find. "I can't-"

"Just a little long, babe."

Ara bit down on her lip as she felt her legs begin to shake and finally she released the breath she didn't know she'd been holding back as she rest against the metal chair attached to to the hip adductor machine.

"Honey, you've slacked off way too much this summer. You're ass isn't gonna fatten up on its own."

Ara laughed as her fitness trainer rested his hands on his popped out hip, head tilted like an angry dog parent lecturing his dog after a wrong doing.

"Ren," Ara smiled, wiping away the sweat from her forehead before taking a sip of water. "You're supposed to encourage me, not hang around like a whale watcher."

Lawrence, Ren for short, was a towering figure at six feet and two inches. His natural, golden curls of hair was a shade or two darker than his light, honey skin. Beautiful gems took their place in his eyes and his pink lips were uneven as the top was was a tad thinner. A nose carved from the gods and pink pained at the apples of his high cheek bones were like the cherry on top of the handsome young man.

His deep chuckle caused Ara to roll her eyes while pulling all of her rebellious little hairs into her ponytail.

"Alright, girl." Ren rested his hand hand on her shoulder as he squeezed softly. "Ten minutes of cardio and I'll see you Tuesday. Oh- run nine minutes and relax for the final minute."

"You're not gonna stay?" Ara pouted with furrowed brows.

Ren smiles, shaking his head as he picks up his gym back. "Nope. My boo and I got reservations in two hours."

Ara's pouted lips curved into a teasing smirk and she winked at him playfully. "Oh! Alright, we'll have fun with your boo."

Ren laughed cheerfully, waving a hand at her as he walked towards the gym's exit.

Ara did as she was told and ran nine minutes on the treadmill and walked for the final minute. She stretched for an extra five minutes and was out of the gym with a happy cry of praise.

She swaggered down the busy street of LA, smiling at the sweet hot dog vendor she would pass by everyday. The strong sent of cooked weenies on a greasy grill while the bacon wrapped around it sizzles was all a trap that Ara had learned not to fall for- after the tenth time, of course.

"Not today, Mr. R." Ara chuckled to herself when the kind older man nodded in defeat.

Walking past coffee houses, Ara let her hearing absorb the light coffee house music combined with the delicate chatter of friends and couples. She delighted herself with the sent of coffee beans and vanilla creamer.