16

~•~

~•~

Rich as the Earth's soil, swirling with light hues of caramel that married dark flecks of copper, Jimin's doe eyes stayed fixed on the sea of stars above. Enamored with twinkling stars, he was too distracted to notice Ara's eyes on him. She was memorized by the swirls of liquid brown in his eyes, not because of their beauty, but because they glistened with excitement and thirst for knowledge of the unknown.

Ara's eyes followed down the angelic features of Jimin's face. She followed the soft curve of his nose as the tip pointed to the sky. She smiled at the squishy apples of his cheeks as they were painted a natural hue of pink, like always. Her gaze rested on his full, pillowy lips, wanting to trace the pad of her index finger over the outline of where his milky skin met the pink of his lips. Ara's lips longed for his soft ones on hers as they were in the morning. Subconsciously her fingers reached for her lips, skimming over her skin as she remembered the way he kissed her gently before, finally, harder until she allowed him entrance to her mouth. She could still feel the tingling sensation on her lips and the fire that spread through her body with each touch.

Ara's eyes glistened with anticipation as her world moved in slow motion and the petals of Jimin's lips pulled apart. Fixed on the pink petals as they turned into a smile, a smile fell on Ara's lips.

It was like a wave of peace and bliss had rippled throughout her body. It had started from the smile blossoming on her lips and flowed through her body in waves. She felt safe, at ease, joyful with the simplicity of being.

The sun had set hours ago, and still, the were sitting on her rooftop and enjoying the scenery. Her house was on a bit of a hill that over looked the city. The small lights of the city were no match for the sky above. But all together, with the rustling of leaves, luminous glow of the stars, and Jimin's warmth next to her, it was perfect.

It had completely passed her that Jimin was speaking to her.

"What?" Ara asked breathlessly as she came back to her senses, trying to piece together the words from his mouth.

Jimin's head turned towards Ara, sweet chocolate eyes finally meeting hers before they disappeared behind his cheeks and turn into crescents. "What are you thinking about?"

Heat crawled up to Ara's cheeks and ears as she thought he had only asked because he could feel her eyes on him. Her tongue glided over her pink lips, moistening them before bitting on her bottom lip.

How handsome you are. How beautiful you look admiring the sky above. How your eyes twinkle with joy as your mind races with thoughts, ideas, questions of the beauty above our heads.

But she didn't want to tell him that. What should she say? Make up some philosophical opinion about the stars, the moon and how they make her feel?

Ara let out a sigh, shaking her head away from him and to the stars above. The midnight canvas was specked with diamond-like stars without a single cloud in the sky. Clusters of constellations gathered in patches, constellations of which she had no knowledge of. She just knew they were beautiful, and that was enough for her.