43

~•~

~•~

"What?" Ara asked a quiet Jungkook.

His hand was tightly wrapped around the steering wheel, jaw clenched and eyes distant as if lost in his own thoughts.

He shook his head and kept driving.

"Jungkook, seriously?" Ara huffed. "What's wrong?"

"I just don't like how things went." He asked truthfully, voice low.

Ara's brows scrunched together in confusion. "Why not? Did you not like seeing Jimin-"

"You acted differently with me."

Ara blinked, not understanding why Jungkook's voice was soft- almost afraid.

"Jimin comes back into your life and- and you still look at him the way you did two years ago."

Ara squinted her brows further.

"Where is this going, Jungkook?"

The car came to a stop as they had already reached their apartment complex.

Jungkook ran a hand through his hair, pent up frustration coming out in a sigh before he met her eyes.

"I've never left your side these past two years. I've treated you like a princess and pushed you to be your best. I held you when you cried and I partied with you on your highs. We even-"

"Jungkook!" Ara stopped him with her voice raised as his grew louder than was necessary. He chest heaved with anger and his eyes narrow as they met hers.

She only watched with confused eyes as his heavy breathes steadied and his tense muscles relaxed into his leather seat.

"It's late." Jungkook muttered as he exited the car. Ara scoffed, shutting her eyes with a shake of her head.

What just happened?

She fixed her dress and exited the car, following behind Jungkook as they made their way towards the elevator.

It was a quiet ride up as they stood at the opposite side of the moving cube. Ara kept her eyes on Jungkook and he looked anywhere but her. When the doors finally opened, he walked behind her towards her door.

After unlocking the door, she expected Jungkook to walk in behind her, but he didn't.

She walked out and found him turned away from her.

"Aren't you coming in?"

He turned slowly, keeping his eyes on his shoes. "No."

"You don't have any furniture."

Ara pointed at the door across the hall.

Jungkook was recently moving into her apartment complex right across from her. The woman living in front of her was moving to France after discovering her love for the culture on a vacation. As soon as Ara heard, she notified Jungkook who was looking for an apartment after his lease was up. He was currently staying with her till he bought furniture and painted his bedroom.

He slowly raised his head, taking a step forwards as she took one back. Her heel hit the closed door and she gasped when his face was only inches away.

His warm body pressed against her shivering one as she only had a thin piece of material hugging her and his coat. His warm breath hit her forehead and she looked up to meet his eyes with her rounded ones.

"If I kissed you, would you kiss me back?

"What are you-"

Before Ara could finish her sentence, Jungkook's warm lips pressed against hers. Her eyes widened when she tasted his lips and his hands found her waist. When Jungkook's lips sucked on hers a bit roughly, her eyes slowly fluttered closed and she loved her mouth to the rhythm of his lips.

It was light at first, but he pressed firmly when she kissed him back. As his tongue grazed over her bottom lip, her eyes shot open and she pulled away with a panting breath.

"Jungkook-"

Jungkook only stared with round puppy dog eyes that glistened.

"Jungkook, you're my best friend. I love you with all my heart, but-"

"I'm not him." Jungkook forced a smile as he pulled away from her till he was standing directly in front of his door.

"It's-"

"Goodnight, Ara."

Jungkook pushes his door open, walked in and shut it behind him before she could say another word.

Letting out a sigh, Ara went into her own apartment. Slipping off her heels, she greeted Honey with a soft smile and a light pat to her head before dragging her feet to her bathroom.

She stripped herself from her cloths and hopped into a warm shower while the scene replays in her head.

"I've never left your side these past two years. I've treated you like a princess and pushed you to be your best. I held you when cried and I partied with you on your highs. We even-"

Ara groaned in frustration, shaking her head at the words she knew were going to come out of Jungkook's mouth.

The thought made her naked body shiver and her cheeks blush.

We even had sex. Ara finished in her head.

. . .

"A fresh start is what you mean."

Namjoon nibbled on his bottom lip as the girl had said the words right out of his mouth as if she had heard his thoughts.

"There's something else-"

"What is it?" Ara asked, raising her brows as if there was nothing more that Namjoon could say that would surprise her more than news about her moving to the states.

She was wrong.

"Your father is the CEO of the company."

~•~

sooooo an answer to your questions

jk and Ara aren't dating

but things have happened and you'll find out soon ;)

the next chapter is 🔥

stat tuned ;)