19

~•~

~•~

"Namjoon." Ara held on to the taller man's wrist, stopping him from walking away. When he stared into her eyes, she saw no anger, so she continued. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to snap at you yesterday. You've been so kind to me and I've been nothing but rude. I'm sorry."

The man's eyes twinkled as his smile reached them and then his lips. He snaked an arm around her shoulder and pulled her into a hug to which she gladly returned the act.

"It's okay." He said, hand patting her head. "Now let's go out there and kick butt!"

\\

For the hundredth time, Ara ran her shaking hands over her black jeans, smoothing out nonexistent wrinkles as she walked around the kitchen.

She double checked the white rice she steamed and the beef she barbecued. Then, she smelled the scented candles on the dinner table in between the dinner plates and utensils.

Finally, when she was going to check everything all over again, the bell rang followed by a constant knocking on the door.

She winced in anticipation for the unknown, and she hurriedly ran to open the door. She softly pulled it open, revealing a blonde haired beauty as he leaned his arm on the door frame while his head hung low.

His heavy breathing filled the air around her and she couldn't tell what he was feeling. So Ara spoke up.

"Hey," Ara said softly, moving closer and looking up at him through her lashes to see his face. "I saw that you placed third." She bit her lip when he said nothing and kept panting. "You still did well. Don't be ups-"

Before she could finish, Jimin wrapped an arm around her waist while the other reached the back of her head as he pulled her into his chest. Taken back by his action, she stopped in the middle of her sentence and let him hold her.

Tightly scrunching her brows, she recalled Jimin's slightly different demeanor today on the track. His eyes didn't gleam with confidence, instead, they were coated with sadness as he kept them on the ground and avoided everyone. His technique was still great, but not enough to beat Jungkook, nor Ara as she placed second.

"Jimin?" She cooed, finally wrapping her arms around his neck and stroked the back of his head gently. "What's wrong?"

He pulled away, reddened eyes staring deeply into hers as he had found something.

A home.

Jimin pulled his pink lips apart to speak, but nothing came out. Ara could perfectly see pain in his eyes just as easily as she read his gentle, fondness towards her on a regular day. She saw the hesitation before he spoke, so she smiled at him softly, without say a word a held him in her arms.