Chapter 9: An Everyday Occurrence.

I Do Not Own RWBY*

A Week After Chapter 8: New School*

Ash's POV*

Ironwood arrived in Vale and called me to Ozpin's office.

When I arrived Ironwood asked "How are your studies progressing?".

I said "Fine. But I covered this stuff like 4 years ago when I first started Atlas Academy.".

Ironwood said "Good, I need you to go find Pennya and make sure she doesn't get into any trouble.".

I nodded and headed out to Vale.

In Vale*

I found Penny walking around with Ruby.

I jumped off the roof I was on and landed in front of Penny and Ruby.

I stood up and said "Long time no see Penny.".

She said "Salutations Cryomancer!".

I looked at Ruby and said "Hello Ruby.".

She nervously said "Hello Cryomancer.".

I turned to Penny and said "Ironwood told me to make sure you were safe.".

Penny nodded and said "I'm safe.".

I said "Well if you don't mind I'll be following you close behind.".

She nodded as the passed me.

I followed them from a close distance.

I ignored there conversation. 

I paid attention as Ironwood revealed The Atlesian Knight 200.

I thought the new model was much better then the AK130 model.

Ironwood then revealed The Atlesian Paladin.

I remember it was the one I helped the tech boys draw up.

I noticed some of the Atlas Guards take notice of us.

I put a hand up and they didn't come over to us.

I said "Don't worry Penny, they aren't going to take you back as long as I'm here under Ironwoods orders.".

1 Hour Later*

Penny said her goodbyes to me and Ruby and headed off to the dorm room.

I said goodbye to Ruby as I headed off into Vale looking around for more of my competition.

It was nighttime by the time I hear a commotion.  

When I slowly went to investigate I saw one Atlesian Paladin tanking Ruby and her team.

I saw Ruby's blonde teammate use her Semblance to take the arms off the Paladin.

I then saw Ruby's obvious Faunus friend use a sort of shadow to sneak around hitting it.

I stopped on the top of the bridge when I was over the Atlesian Paladin.

I noticed the Paladin trying to detonate itself.

Based on the battery design for it I calculated the impending blast would destroy everything in a 1000 feet radius.

I climbed over the railing of the bridge.

Delta said "This is extremely dangerous. You know that right?".

I said "Yeah. But they'll die if we don't do something.".

Delta said "Fair point.".

I said "Maximum effort." and hopped off the bridge and descended upon the Atlesian Paladin.

I landed on the top of the Paladin.

I punched the center of it ripping out it's battery taking out the possibility of an explosion.

I threw the battery away as a man I recognized as Roman Torchwick from the news climbed out the back of the Paladin and to the top of it where I was standing.

He angrily asked "Where do you get the right to take away my toy?".

I monotonously said "I had a hand in designing it.".

He said "Oh!".

Delta told me to duck.

I ducked just as a little girl with a umbrella tried to attack me.

I grabbed her by the back of the neck and threw her at the other guy knocking them both off the train.

I jumped off the Paladin and looked around for them.

When I didn't find them I asked Delta to run a heat scan.

When he did he said "There too far away for you to give chase.".

I nodded and turned to Ruby and her team.

Ruby said "That was awesome, Cryomancer. Where'd you learn to do that?".

I said "From my older sister.".

30 Minutes Later*

After being bombarded with questions from Ruby I made it back to my dorm room where Penny was waiting for me.

I took a seat on my bed and opened up 2 new files.

I started a file on Blake Belladonna.

It appeared she was a cat Faunus. Based on her last name I can infer that she was part of the Belladonna family in Menagerie. Based on that I can infer that she has one mother and one father both of which are still alive. Her Semblance is Shadow which allows her to move out of the way of attacks if she decides it. Her weapon includes a gun, a sword, and a grapple. Based on all of that I'd say close hand to hand combat would be the best way to beat her.

I then started a file on Yang Xiao Long.

Her Semblance appears to draw strength from physical attacks if they're dealt to her. Her father's a teacher and is the same as Ruby's. It appears her mother abandoned her when she was born. Her weapon is 2 wrist gauntlets that fire strong concussive blasts. Close hand to hand combat that damages her insides.

I finished the files up and laid down.

Cinder's POV*

I was informed by Roman that he encountered Cryomancer.

I decided I needed to get in close and find out what I could about her and her Semblance before either me or Emerald had to fight her in the tournament.