Chapter 6: The Schnee Ball.

I Do Not Own RWBY*

3 Years Later*

A Month Before The Events Of RWBY Volume 1*

Ash's POV*

I as well as Ironwood were both invited to a Schnee Ball.

Ironwood really didn't want to go but there was a possible council meeting.

I dressed in my usual Kevlar and Helmet.

I brought my cane along as well.

When we arrived at the door I had to convince Ironwood everything would be alright.

He told me to enjoy the party so I did so.

I was currently standing in front of a picture depicting Beacon Academy.

A boy came over and stood beside me.

He asked "Quite the painting isn't it?".

I said "Yes, especially seeing as the color compliments the Academy itself.".

He asked "You sure know your stuff?".

I said "I do, the arts are some of the most important things in my life.".

He asked "Do you come to these things often?".

I said "If that was your lame excuse of a pick up line then this is my last time coming to one of these.".

Delta said "Damn girl.".

The boy waved his hands defensively and said "No, no, no, it's just a question.".

I said "No, I don't come to these often, in fact I try to ignore them as much as possible.".

He then asked "I can see that, but is it true that you're "The Cryomancer" from Atlas Academy?".

I said "Yes, I am in fact Cryomancer.".

I walked over to the next painting that depicted the Yin Yang sign.

The boy followed me over and asked "Is it true that you single handedly killed an entire squadron of White Fang?". 

I said "I can't confirm nor deny that.".

He said "Sweet.".

I shook my head and said "Not sweet, we only kill as a last resort.".

He tried to reach for my helmet but I put my cane in front of my helmet stopping him.

I said "Please don't touch my helmet.".

He nodded and pulled away.

He held a hand out and said "Henry.".

I ignored him and continued to stare at the Yin Yang painting.

He asked "Hello, I'm talking to-?".

I interrupted him and asked "Consider this painting in front of me, Henry. Consider if there is a good action there must be an equal and opposite reaction. Now imagine for a moment that when an unstoppable force meets an unmovable object. What happens?".

Henry took a few moments but wasn't able to answer.

I heard a very familiar face say "They surrender. If ones unstoppable and another is unmovable then they have no other option but to surrender.".

I turned slowly to see Winter standing by me.

I said "Henry, food for thought, Are you comfortable in your own skin?".

I turned to see Henry looking down at the ground then every other way before walking away as fast as he could.

I turned back to see Winter with a small smile on her face.