first appointment and unknown dream

chapter 11

The first thing i saw as soon as i opened my eyes was a staircase, an old staircase.

Feeling a warm hand around my shoulder keeping me safe, i glance around in confusion as panic started to seep through me. looking down i noticed my head was on someone's shoulder, Dylan's shoulder. I slowly and carefully took my head off his shoulder and looked around the place, the loft. Realization hit me as i remembered all the things that happened earlier. from lou moving, me crying, Dylan coming over, people following us, coming here, sitting here at this spot by the wall, and apparently falling asleep.

I took a handful of my hair in my hands and put it in a pony tail, letting it down as i realized i didn't have a hair band. I felt someone shifting next to me, looking, i see that it was Dylan. He was starting to wake up. As soon as he opened his eyes he started looking around in confusion and worry the same way i probably did. When his eyes met mine it felt like all the worry in his eyes was cleared leaving only the confusion. sighing i asked, "what time is it?" 

Looking around for a few seconds, Dylan took his phone out of his pocket and looked at the time, "7:07 pm" he replied, "we've been sleeping for about 3 hours,"

My eyes widened as panic started seeping through me once again, and realization hit me for the third time in five minutes, "oh no," i said as i started getting up from the spot by the wall, "oh no, oh no," i glanced around in panic then i took my phone out from my pocket and saw i had thirteen missed calls and seventeen texts  from my brothers and Lou, "oh no," 

"what's wrong?" Dylan asked as he stood up as well and looked at me with worry coming back to his eyes.

"my parents are going to kill me," i said running a hand through my hair, that is starting to become an issue to me now, "to death," i looked him in the eyes, " i need to go home like right now," i finished. right as i finished my sentence my phone rang. Glancing down at it, i notice it is Scott. 

i sighed before putting the cold metal to my ears and answered, "Hey!' i exclaimed.

"Clark, where the hell are you?! we've been calling you for the last hour or so! you almost got me and Caleb out of our freaking minds!" Scott exclaimed at the end of the line.

"I know. i am sorry," i said. i glanced around for a second to think of a quick, plausible lie to tell, "My phone was on silent and i was jogging, and it was in my pocket so i didn't see it. i am sorry," i lied. It felt like lying to them was becoming a habit that i hated so much, but had to do. i couldn't tell them where i was.

"thank god you're okay!" he said, " we were worried sick about you. don't put your phone on silent Clark!" he shouted.

"Scott!" i exclaimed, cutting him off, getting really angry from this, "i am 18 turning 19 in two months not 8 turning 9 okay! i think i can handle myself pretty well,"

"no Clark! no! you can't handle yourself when you didn't yet fully recover from the accident, and you're not answering your phone! so no! we're your older brothers and we have the right to be freaking worried when you're not answering your phone calls or texts, okay!" he yells out in frustration. 

"i know that. I am so sorry," i say softly, "are mom and dad home yet?" i ask.

he sighs, "no. you are so lucky if they were here they would kill you. to death," he said. i chuckled knowing we have the same thoughts, " and they will kill you to death if you don't get home before 8 "

"i'll be there," i assured him.

"yeah, is Dylan still with you?" he asks.

i looked at Dylan to find him leaning on the staircase and looked up as soon as i stopped talking, looking me in the eye, "yeah," i sighed, "he's with me,"