20. I get sent to the hospital the second time today

Chapter 20

At at least one point in our life we feel as though everything is complicated yet solvable. We hold on to that one strand of hope even though we know it won't hold for long. We think it brought us to our ultimate goal, or for as far as we know it did. We go on with that pit in our stomach hoping that it's just a temporary thing. Everything around us seem confusing at one point, more scary than confusing. Unfortunately though, we don't know that life is a cycle that's all planned out someway.

~~

I glanced out of the window of the car, looking at the houses, people, and cars passing by as Hank drove the Audi back to my house. It had been about a couple of minutes since Hank found me and walked me to the car, taking me home after this exhausting morning. The conversation I had with Dylan went on and on in my head, reminding me of the inevitable, everything is different now.

It is, but Dylan and I know better now. At least that's what I am hoping that we'll be one step ahead. We'll figure this out, we have to. I have to. I glanced to the rearview mirror in the front of the car to notice Hank was looking at it too, then I saw the cars behind us, noticing one particular car that was right behind us ever since we left. I frowned as I noticed the car speeding to get closer to us. Stop being so paranoid Clark! Seriously there could be dozens of people heading towards the same destination on this road.

At at least one point in our life we feel as though everything is complicated yet solvable.

I don't know when, or how it happened but the car crashed right into ours sending me jerking forward hitting my head against the chair In front of me regardless of the seatbelt hung around my body. I could feel my elbow twist from its position on the arm rest, and I bit my lip to suck the pain and constrain from groaning in pain at a time like this. Damn passenger seat! Hank had the same actions repeated to him but he had more balance and held himself together better that I did.

"What the hell is going on?" I exclaimed as I held to the seat I front of me and held my head at the place I hit the seat with. It wasn't something big, but it will certainly leave a bump on my forehead. The car was jerking from left to right and cars were honking at us as the car behind us was still attached to our car pushing it forward.

"Hold on." Hank instructed as he held the steering wheel tightly, trying to balance the car. The car kept swinging with us, until Hank reached the platform with the car and I wouldn't doubt that at least one of the tires of the car were on the pavement because the car was slightly leaning to the side. I could feel the car swinging vigorously as it got on the pavement and then halt in a leaning position.

When the car stopped, I didn't hesitate to take off my seatbelt, open the car's door and step outside. I coughed because my throat was extremely dried from fear and shock, then I gulped heavily, trying to catch my breath. Sure enough the front right tire was on the pavement. The car that pushed us was still attached to the tail of our Audi as it stopped too. My head was defiantly going to create a bump, and pain shot through my right elbow, so I put my right hand to it hoping to ease some of the pain . It must've been a result of the twist that occurred in the car. I looked around as people started to formulate around our car giving us weird looks.

"Oh my, are you okay there?" Asked one.

"What happened?" Another said.

"Is the driver okay?" One asked, Then I remembered. Hank.

"Oliver." I called out to him. He was fine when before why isn't he out of the car. Panic rose inside of me as I walked around the car to the driver's seat, putting my good hand, at the moment, on the car to balance myself from falling as I felt my knees shaking on me from all of that stress and fear, "Hank!" I called again as I opened the driver's door.