the worst bad day

chapter 10

i woke up the next day on the wrong side of the bed, at 9am. all the memories of the day before went through my mind. i groaned as i remembered it all. I am in no good mood. i got up, took a shower, got dressed and went downstairs for breakfast at around 9:40, and if you look closely, i look like a dead person.

i went downstairs to find both my brothers sitting at the counter arguing about something, which i didn't care about. i sat down on the chair and said good morning to both of them.

"i made you breakfast, here you go," caleb said as he set down the plate of food in front of me.

"WE made you breakfast," scott corrected him, and caleb rolled his eyes. i started eating my food,  "don't forget you have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. mum and dad told us to remind you,"

"yeah, yeah. sure," i shook it off. a doctor's appointment was not even remotely close to being added to my list of problems. then the house bell rang.

"i'll get it," caleb said and ran over to open the door, "CLARK! LOU'S HERE!" he yelled. i almost forgot it. she wanted to talk about something.

"hey, lou" i greeted her as she came in to the kitchen.

"hey, can we talk about what i wanted to talk about yesterday?" she asked.

"yeah, definitely," then i looked at my brothers and they got it and went upstairs. "so what's wrong?" i asked. she took a seat next to me on the counter.

"i, uh," she paused for a moment and looked to the floor.

"you're what?" i asked, now curious, as i lost focus to the food and looked at her.

"i am moving to Malaysia," she blurted out. i just stared at her, "i am sorry, i didn't tell you this earlier. it wasn't serious at first but then my parents transferred me to college there and it all was just confirmed this Wednesday and i didn't-" she kept blurting out as tears ran down her face, but i interrupted her with a hug.

"when are you leaving?" i said as i pulled away. i have no clue why i haven't broken down yet. but i know that i need to be strong for lou, even though tears are threatening to fall from my eyes.

"this friday," she answered.

"what? why so early?" i asked, as my mood started to drop more 

"i don't know, i think my parents were planing this for a while, and they just told me this Wednesday, and apparently they've been planing this from behind my back," she said. i hugged her again.

"hey shh it's okay," i said as a few tears started falling down from my face. i have never felt like i lied so bad in my life. my best friend was leaving me. as much as i forgot my entire friendship with Lou, but that doesn't mean the feelings weren't there. i think we grew an even stronger friendship since the accident, and she was leaving. maybe i don't have the memories but i have the feelings. you can forget what people said and did to you but you can never forget how they made you feel. 'hold yourself together' i thought to myself 'at least for lou and yourself for now' 

"hey, we'll talk, and i'll visit you, and you'll visit me and we will see each other," i said as i held her shoulders at an arm length, "this will not be the last of our friendship," i said and she chuckled with tears still on her face then i chuckled too.

"yeah, hopefully," i frowned at her, "i just want you to know that i love you, clark, you are the best best friend i will ever have, know that no matter what," she said looking serious.

"i love you too Lou," i said, "but i really didn't want that speech now i feel worse," i said.

"no, you need to know this!" she said looking more serious, "tell me you know and believe it," she demanded.