The Lady of the Phoenix

Start from the beginning

Underneath her name is her signature, the initials CC looped together

The Undertaker smirks, slipping the note in his cloak. He packs up his things, clothes and weapons of different types. Guns, swords, knives and books. Focus on the book with the picture of a Phoenix on it before the suitcase shuts.

CUT TO

7- EXT. THE VILLAGE OF SNOW MEADOW – DAY

The small town of Snow Meadow is a quiet town. Focus on a tattered sign that has 124 crossed out with 123 underneath, the population of the town. Then the carriage rolls past. The camera does a wide shot, showing stalls in the street and people dressed in lower class clothing, a bit tattered and old, selling things from fruit to veg to bread. The carriage stands out and the people stare at as it rolls past.

Its stops outside an old cottage right where the village has been cut off with old fences and pieces of wood. Half the village has been corned off. The Undertaker steps out, wearing the same clothing and carrying his suitcase from early. He throws a bag of gold coins to the driver.

THE UNDERTAKER

Keep the change

The carriage rides away and he approaches and slips through the blockade. Going through the old town, all you hear is fading noise from the people behind him and his footsteps.

A door slams and he looks towards a cottage. The camera focuses in on the door and it has a note, that been pinned to the door with a knife. He rips it off before opening it.

Its reads...

Beware the cursed witch of Snow Meadow

The Undertaker chuckles before pushing the door inside.

CUT TO

8- INT. WITCH COTTAGE

A WOMAN cowers in the corner, staying silent. She sees the Undertaker and scrambles to her feet. She tries to speak but no voice comes out. Just her mouth moving.

WOMAN (Mouths, no voice.)

Help me, help me. I can't speak, I'm not a witch. I'm not a witch.

UNDERTAKER

I know you are not a witch. I'm a... private investigator. I am looking for the monster who did this to you. She looks like this.

The Undertaker opens his suitcase and pulls out a book with a picture of the Lady of the Phoenix on it.

UNDERTAKER

Is this her?

The woman nods viscously.

UNDERTAKER

May I stay here until night fall?

She nods before scurrying to the corner to hide. He sits down and stares out a hole in the window as he waits for the Lady of the Phoenix to return.

CUT TO

9- INT. WITCHES COTTAGE – NIGHT

Its night fall. Outside the window, the hills and the fields are glowing orange and yellow. She's coming.

The camera goes backwards showing the window he was looking through. It stops once the Undertaker is in view, watching the glow with a smile on his face. Dropping his possessions, he storms out the door.