The Doctor's Mask

Fade In

1. EXT – 1347– LONDON - 16:00

Bodies stacked in piles, the streets stink of blood. The bodies covered in distinctive black boils on their skins. Apart from that, the streets are empty, with people hiding inside.

Focus on a PLAGUE DOCTOR, dressed in brown overalls with the mask, he's a familiar sight in London with the Black Death infecting and killing anyone it comes into contact with. This Plague Doctor carries a case of equipment and medicine and appears in afraid to walk close to the bodies.

Plague Doctor stops moving when he sees another PLAGUE DOCTOR. The second carrying no case.

The Second Plague Doctor runs for it and the First Plague Doctor follows, running at inhuman speed, dropping the case.

CUT TO

2. EXT – 1347 – LONDON – MERLIN STREET

They stop at the end of another street, again it's empty.

FIRST PLAGUE DOCTOR

Don't run from me!!!

The Second Plague Doctor stops running

FIRST PLAGUE DOCTOR

I have been looking for you for centuries. Please don't run.

SECOND PLAGUE DOCTOR

Leave me alone.

FIRST PLAGUE DOCTOR

I can't do that, we are family, nothing will change that, not even death

The Second Plague Doctor turns to the other and removes his mask. Its revealed to be DESTINY CLARK, her skin deathly pale, just like the bodies at the end of the street.

DESTINY

Death changes everything.

The First Plague Doctor removes her mask. It's revealed to be CHRISTINA CLARK.

CHRISTINA

Well...

DESTINY

It does.

CHRISTINA

Do you still hate me for saving your life? (CHUCKLES.) You should be thanking me.

DESTINY

Thank you? You turned me into a monster! Do you really think I would thank you for that?

CHRISTINA

I couldn't watch you die!!!

DESTINY

You should have let me die!!

It falls silent.

CHRISTINA

I didn't want to turn you.

DESTINY

You should have....

CHRISTINA (INTERRUPTS)

I know, I should have let you die. But you don't understand. I held you in my arms, your heartbeat getting slower. I couldn't just watch you die when I knew, I could save you.