Sold My Soul

Settling down, is a challenge for any vampire. As every 50 years you have to move, to avoid people discovering the truth. Despite living thousands of years and exploring the world, she has always been drawn to the town of London. It wasn't just the city she liked, its the people and when I say people, not all are exactly living. But she loved the town, it was just a shame that London had a major disaster hidden around every corner.

However, don't get the wrong idea. She likes the town, but if it burnt down tomorrow she wouldn't batter an eyelid. She would just move on. Or maybe I should say today. Because as she reads ancient Latin, she can see out the corner of her eye, London is burning. She doesn't flinch or look away from her book as the screams of people begging for help get louder as the fires spreads.

So she is more than surprised when she hears her doorbell rings as it opens. Looking up, she doesn't take her eyes off the new visitor. She stares at him with fascination and curiosity. He was not like one of her usual clients who are normally desperate and begging for her help. However, he was different and she could tell immediately he wasn't human. It was the dark presence about him when he entered the room, where you know he would be trouble and yet you couldn't resist tastings the sweet blood of darkness.

Or maybe it was something else about him, apart from his dark presence. Like his bright red face with his black pool eyes. Or maybe the strange bright pokey dot suit that looked like it came from the far future, where they no longer have a descent fashion sense.

He drops a bag on the desk containing coins she guesses by the sound of the metal clinching against each other.

"I request your services."

She raises her eyebrows as she slips her bookmark into the book, placing it down on the table, "My services? Please elaborate?"

"The fires of London Town are spreading, don't you wish to help?"

Clicking her tongue, she leans back in her chair, losing interest, "Not my particular area. And that isn't the reason why you came here otherwise you would be out there, helping the poor mortals."

He nudges the drawstring bag forward and she leans forward and picks it up. She pulls it open before turning it upside down, emptying the contents onto the table, it clinking as it hits the table. Golden coins but they are different to the ones you would see in London, they are marked with a pentagram on both sides with the devils mark in the middle.

She picks up one of the coins, studying it before looking at him, "What should I call you? Satan? The Devil? Lucifer?"

He smirks, "I have many names but Lucifer will be fine. What gave it away?"

She puts the coins back in the drawstring bag, "I've met all kind of supernatural creatures from vampires to demons to werewolves. Each of them have a distinct presence about them... But you have... such a dark presence." She chucks the bag into his chest which he catches, "I don't take money, of any kind, as payment. I prefer favours."

Going around the table, she goes over to grab a cloak, "However, I can guess you are not here for a favour from me. You are either here to make a deal or to implement the deal. But we both know you can't make a deal with me as my soul is already lost because of the whole vampire thing. So, what do you want?"

He smirks, "What makes you think that?"

"You are the devil, you always make deals. So, I will ask again, what do you want?"

He smiles at her before he grabs her arm and clicks his fingers. Suddenly, they are no longer standing in Christina house. Now, they are standing in the streets of London, the houses of both sides of the street have flames touching the sky, dancing in the dark.