Twenty one...

When Alex woke up, lifting her head from Isaac's bare chest she felt sick. She felt nauseous and scrambled out of bed wrapping one of his sheets around her naked body. In the bathroom she leaned over the toilet bowl as vomit sloshed from her body. She looked down at her legs that seemed quite thin.  She looked in the mirror at her ailing complexion. Her white complexion was now a darker shade and dark circles surrounded her eyes. Her hair lost their glow and her cheek bones was more visible.  She glanced at Isaac's widened eyes and let out a sob as she turned around.

"I'm sick again" she cried.

He wrapped his arms around her stroking her hair. He opened his mouth but he was at a loss for words. How did this happen?.

Alex sobbed as  she recalled being compelled by Olivia.

"When he says he loves you and you consumate your relationship you drink this and you die again"

Alex broke lose from Isaac's hug and searched under the bed until she found the empty vile still stained with the green serum. It killed the vampire and werewolf cells in her leaving only a human with cancer. She shook her head as she held up the vile.

"Olivia is a witch and she compelled me before she took the suitcase of serum and dissapeared leaving me witb one. Though she probably thought I would die it took away my supernatural beings"

Isaac wiped his hand over his open mouth trying to process what she just said. Then he reached for his cellphone.

"Elizabeth should know something about this" he frantically dialled her number and demanded she come over. He swallowed hard giving her their whereabouts.

Elizabeth arrived a few moments later with a bottle of red juice in her hands. She gasped when she glanced at Alex and the bottle smashed on the floor.

Alex snorted.

"I don't think I'll be needing that anymore" she said glancing at the remains of the bottle of her special juice.

"I might know a way to get in touch with a witch" Lisa said as she tapped her phone in her hands.  "But I'll know for sure by tomorrow"

Alex gasped and everyone looked at her. She had become thinner and more weaker before their eyes.

Isaac took her hands in his. They were bony and pale, he squeezed them

"I was always meant to die, wasn't I?"

She snorted. Then she stumbled and he caught her. She was too weak to stand and he picked her and lay her down on his bed in his room

Isaac lay down next to her. * Her body was unnaturally warm from what he was used to. She lay her head on his chest. His heartbeat made her smile. It sounded like music to her ears. She reached out her hand and laced her fingers in his. Then she recalled the first time she lay eyes on him. She knew she was in trouble when he first held her hand and he didn't shiver at her cold touch. He didn't run away and unconsciously he pulled her out of the hole she was hiding in ever since she was sired. He was undoubtedly the best thing that ever happened in her life. She would do it all over again. She would die again for the time she got to share with him and even though it was cut short she will be forever grateful.

Isaac held back his tears as she lay on his chest and He tried to imagine a world without it and it seemed pretty miserable. He closed his eyes and his fingers laced laced with her now warm hands and he thought back the moment he first saw her looking at him from her window. She tried to hide away but he had already seen her and She didn't mind that he did not seem to fit in. She unconsciously brought out his inner strength to better and to fight for what was his, to fight for her. And if he could he would have undoubtedly died for her but this was a battle he could not partake in.

Suddenly Isaac's eyes jolted open. He lay unmoving concentrating on her breathing and her heart that moments ago beat against his ribs. He moved her hand in his but they were limp, her heart was no longer beating, she was no longer breathing. He lay unmoving still savouring what had happened before he gently moved her off from him. He turned her gently on her back and lay his ear on her chest where her heart should be beating.

She was silent.

Alex Walker had succumbed to her human disease.

Alex Walker was dead.

Isaac let out a horrid sob. Something tore at his insides. His heart berated out of his chest. He threw back his head and howled. Every howl lined with his very own heartache and sobbing.

Elizabeth, Lisa and Erastus rushed into the room. Elizabeth threw herself on her dead daughters body. She lifted her upper body and cradled her like she was a baby as her tears dropped on her.

Lisa pulled Isaac in her embrace and sobbed with her son as she consoled him. Erastus put his arms around them both consoling them before her provided his shoulder for Lisa to cry on as she held on to her daughter's body.