Fourteen...

Elizabeth bit her nails as she looked through the window of her house anxiously waiting. She wondered if she did the right thing but she had to talk to her son. She took a deep breath as a car with a custom Ezra number plate pulled up in the driveway. He  got out and she touched her own hair thinking that his hair was the same as hers. She opened the door before he could knock and stepped aside to let him inside. They awkwardly nodded at each other.

"Alex is not herself" Elizabeth let out.

Isaac snorted.

"You called me over to talk about Alex? How about telling me you are my mother"

Elizabeth shook her head

"Nick" she let out.

"Wasn't he suppose to tell me you are my mother, that he is my father?"

"Is it true?" Alex let out as she entered the living room. Her eyes met Isaac's and she swallowed hard. "Is that why you broke up with me because you could not tell me we were brother and sister?"

Alex glanced at her mother.

"Did you both know Isaac is my brother"

Elizabeth sighed deeply.

"He's not your brother" she let out. "As I am not your mother, I am his mother. You are Lisa Sharman's daughter and your father was Scott Sharman. Nick is Isaac's father"

She bit down on her lips. Hearing her confession out loud she felt ashamed.

Isaac  took a step back and snorted as he shook his head disappointed.. He locked eyes with Alex and he wanted to take her in his arms and tell her that he loved her but he was taken aback by the sadness in her eyes of which he was to blame. He smiled slightly at her then turned and walked away. He got in his father's car and drove off.

Alex stared at Elizabeth long enough before she spoke.

"Are you going to tell your husband or should I?"

"I will" Elizabeth replied. Alex nodded and walked back to sob in her room.

Elizabeth anxiously waited for Derick to come home. In that time she was reminded of her affair with Nick Ezra. It was love hate affair based on their physical attraction for each other only. When she got pregnant she convinced herself it was Derick Walker's child. They were married after all yet she always knew the possibility existed that Nick was the father.

After they were sired and she remembered she had a boy, she had to live with the burden for eighteen years. She loved Alex like her own daughter but she always wondered about her son. His name would have been Alex after all.

Derick's smile faded when he saw the sadness in his wife's eyes. His eyes widened.

"Is everything okay" he asked "Alex?"

Elizabeth shook her head and held up her hand.

"She's fine" she sighed deeply "There is something I have to tell you"

That night she told Derick everything. He did not move or show any emotion even after she broke down in tears begging him to forgive her. She threw herself at him but he firmly grasped her forearms and pushed her back. She sank down on the floor and continued crying as he went to their room.

Derick wasted no time packing his bags with the essentials for a few days until he figured out what to do. He went to Alex's room. She sat up on her bed. Derick took in the picture of her and he recalled the times he sat next to her sick bed praying for a miracle. If he had a do over he wouldn't change a thing for her.

"For what it's worth I will always love you like my daughter"

Alex jumped off her bed and threw her arms around his neck. He hugged her back like it was the last time they would ever see each other.

"You're still my father" Alex sobbed against his chest "I will always love you"

He cupped her face in his hands and presses a kiss against her forehead.

"I will always love you too my baby girl" he let out. Then he turned grabbed his bags and left.

The front door slammed shut and it was the first time her house felt empty. Alex sank down on her bed again. She could hear Elizabeth sobbing downstairs and as much as it was tearing at her heart she just pulled her pillow over her head.

Alex woke up when she heard a knock on the front door. She hadn't realized she had fallen asleep until she opened her eyes. She slowly walked towards the living room and she saw a woman with brown hair talking to Elizabeth.

"We have nothing to say to each other" Elizabeth said and crossed her arms in front of her chest. The anger in her voice was unmistakable. The woman put her hands up in the air

"I beg to differ but I'm really here for Alex." Lisa Sharman said firmly.

Elizabeth bit down on her lips and hissed exposing her canines

"I can tear out your heart" she hissed.

Lisa still had her hands in the air and nodded.

"I wouldn't blame you but you can try"

"You can't have my daughter"

"She's not your daughter is she?"

Elizabeth contained herself and Alex made her presence noticed.

"I'll go" she let out "I'll go with you. I need to get away anyway"

Her eyes met Lisa's who was Isaac's mother and she could not see features that connected her to Lisa but she was in shock anyway to see her real mother. Lisa's eyes softened like a mother would look at her child, like Elizabeth looked at her. Lisa stepped forward and stuck out her hand

"I'm Lisa Sharman" she introduced herself. Alex stuck out her hand to greet her. Lisa put her over her mouth in awe at the sight of Alex. Then she cleared her throat

"I just need to wrap up a few things and we go"

Alex nodded and Lisa waved as she left. Alex looked back at Elizabeth's sad eyes and her heart broke for her mother but then again if she had been honest none of this would have happened and Isaac would still wanted her. It was the thought of Isaac that made Alex turn and walked back to her like room thinking that now Elizabeth would also know what it is to lose someone you love.