A Life to Remember (5)

Beginne am Anfang

"No."  Tigreal's refusal was swift, his voice steel.  "You have to accept the fact that Alucard-"

"You have no right to tell me that!"  Gusion yelled out, his voice rising.  He took in a breath, calming himself and his tone.  He needed this.  And he would damn sure convince Tigreal this was needed as well.  "If.. If you had the chance to bring back someone you loved, would you not?"  He asked, pleading with Tigreal.  He was met with silence, Tigreal's cold gaze up and meeting his.  "Would you not?!"

Tigreal shook his head.  "Gusion-"

"If you won't do it for me, at least do it for your beloved Empire, do it for the future of the Abyss falling, do it for the vanquishing of all demons."  Gusion tilted his head to the side, giving a slight pause before adding on, "After all, you sacrificed Alucard's parents for that last one, didn't you?"

Tigreal's face contorted into one of rage.  "Get out."

"No."

"Gusion, I swear on the God of Light if you do not--"

"What, Tigreal?"  Gusion asked, a sneer on his face.  "You'll throw me into the Abyss?  I've already been there.  For months.  I've slaughtered demon after demon, been relentlessly attacked day and night.  Any threat relating to the Abyss has no affect on me." 

"What?"  Surprise, confusion, bewilderment appeared on the general's face.

"How do you think I got this book, Tigreal?  Just found a book on Necromancy in the Moniyan Empire?"  A bark of laughter left Gusion.  "The items necessary from the Abyss, too.  I've got almost everything needed ready, there are just a few more items-"

"I forbid such--"

Gusion's hand swiftly rose up, hand clenching onto the collar of Tigreal's shirt.  Forcefully, he yanked the general in, teeth clenched.  "I have spent months.  Months.  In utter despair.  Alucard was my life, our futures were intertwined.  He deserved to live a happy life.  That chance was ripped away by you when you sent him on a mission with an error in its description.  His death not only weighs on my shoulders, but yours as well, Tigreal.  And, now?  Now your beautiful empire is suffering from that loss."  Tigreal opened his mouth to reply, but was cut off by Gusion.  "Don't.  I will not listen to any lies spewing out of your mouth, any refusal.  I've not only heard it, but I've seen it.  I've seen the villages burning, seen the corpses littered in ransacked villages.  You cannot deny it, Tigreal, the loss of Alucard has grandly affected the Moniyan Empire."  Gusion hated this, talking as if Alucard was an item, something that's only looked upon for its worth, but if it was what it'd take..  anything for Alucard.  Anything for him back.

Tigreal was silent, eyes locked onto Gusion's, an intensive stare between them.  Steel versus fire.

In the end, the fire always wins.

"If.. If we are to do this, we need a high skilled mage-"

"Done.  I'm a Paxley.  Magic courses through my veins--I'm the perfect combination of might and magic after all."  Gusion interjected, fighting back a victorious grin as he let go of Tigreal's shirt, leaning backwards.

"Are you sure that you're-"

"Yes."

Tigreal shot a glare at Gusion.  "I am getting annoyed with your interjections."

Gusion glared back.  "I'm getting annoyed with your moronic statements."

Tigreal sucked in a breath, bringing up a hand and pinching the bridge of his nose and closing his eyes as he calmed himself down.  "I am only trying to be prepared.  Please refrain from insulting me."

"Fine."

"Thank you."  The general sighed.  "What are the repercussions for.. this?"  He gestured to the book, apparently not wanting to admit to using necromancy.

"For me?  Nothing I'm not unwilling to deal with."  Gusion answered, but added on, "For Alucard?  There's.. high chances he'll have partial, if not complete amnesia."  Before Tigreal could interject like he had done so many times to the other beforehand, he quickly added on, "It's not set in stone.  His memories can be retained, and I'll do my damned best to make sure of it.  Besides.. I have a little incentive on me to do such--not that I wouldn't have tried to do so otherwise.."

Another sigh left Tigreal.  "Dare I even ask what it is?"

Gusion merely shrugged.  "Information doesn't come freely here, let alone in the Abyss.  I'll tell you more about it once my work is done.  It's insignificant otherwise."

"Alright, then.  Fine by me.  When do you plan on doing this?"

"As soon as possible.  Couple of days, a week ar most."

"Three weeks."  Tigreal firmly stated.

"But-"  Gusion's refusal was cut off.

"I have arrangements to make for this, Gusion.  A dead Demon Hunter doesn't just become alive again out of no where."  There was no way of convincing Tigreal out of his mindset.  Gusion gritted his teeth.

"Fine.  Three weeks."  He settled, arms crossed.  "Is there anything else you'd like to add?"

"..No.  That is all."  Tigreal stated.  "You may leave."

Gusion nodded, grabbing the old book, turning, and leaving.

Three weeks.

Three more weeks until he got Alucard back.