awake

2,000 years. That was how long they'd been asleep. 2,000 years since the great exodus.

"Causeway? How do you feel?" The AI asked the femme yawned and rubbed her optics "I feel fine Athena thank you for asking. Now, is arcee awake?" Causeway asked "yes arceeon is now waking in the next room." Athena answered so causeway walked into the next room and there stood a blue and pink shorter femme "hey mom." She greeted "hello dear." Causeway hugged her "I told you we'd be fine." Arcee didn't say anything Athena had already answered her question about how long they'd been in stasis. 2,000 years shook her.

2,000 years since the mass evacuation of their home.
2,000 years with no knowledge of her brother, father, or any other family.

"Its been 2,000 years mom." Arcee said sadly "I know baby." Causeway could sense that hidden anger, sadness, and fear "do we know about dad, steeljaw, aunt elita, or bumblebee?" Arcee questioned "I'm sorry but I don't know. Athena, is there any word on fellow autobots?" Causeway asked hoping for something "I apologize causeway. There is nothing. Shall I keep scanning?" Athena queried "yes. Please do." Causeway gently squeezed arcee "it'll be fine arceeon. We just need to adjust that's all."  "Ok mom." Arcee  replied the two femmes walked to the bridge and started checking and double checking everything. Once that had been taken care of causeway's servos drifted over her beloved sniper rifle "quickshot" that was the name she'd given it. One part of her felt different.

It was the sparkbond.

It felt numb. Not broken. Numb. It happened if sparkmates has spent so much time apart 2,000 years would do it. But the hope that her sparkmate was still out there helped her. Not only to keep her going but in order to give support to her daughter who was now staring out into the abyss known as space "will we ever see home again." Arcee asked her voice cracking causeway scooped up her and sat back down in her chair arcee didn't fight it or welcome it normally she would have done either but the normal they knew was long gone "I don't know. I'm not sure if anything will be the same as it was before." Causeway responded "ok." Was arcee's reply.

"I'm sorry but. Don't wanna talk I need a moment before I go its nothing personal~, I draw the blinds they don't need to see me cry, cause thought they understand, they don't understand." Causeway sang she felt arcee relax so she continued to sing until she fell into recharge. Soon causeway went down the same path.

Ok! This is what I was thinking about on my big trip! I hope you guys like it. The lyrics for causeway's song is called "on my way" by Alan Walker. I live this guy a LOT. Btw this is a AU of "A primes daughter"
Welp see you around you awesome weirdos.
-alexsismindina💕