[82:] Lazy Day

Jen's P.O.V.

By the time I reached her school, she was the last one there.

She sat on a bench and looked down while holding her books. I honked at her, and I know it startled her, and she got into the car.

“I'm really sorry I'm late, I've had a crazy day, you wouldn't believe it.”

“It's okay,” she says without making eye contact.

“I'll make it up to you, okay? What is something that you've always wanted to do or a place that you've always wanted to go to?” I ask.

She thought about it and said, “I'll think about it. What happened today?”

I pull out of the school and continue driving.

“While you were in school, I went to visit Josh and when I did, Claudia was there.”

“Uh-oh, this doesn't sound good.”

“Let's say whatever I saw, resulted in us breaking up.”

She looked at me. “What? You guys can't break up! I thought you two were happy!”

“Wait, I'm not done.” I continue. “I go onto the elevator, right, and he catches up to me and the doors close. I didn't want to look at him, and next thing I know, the elevator stops and we're trapped!”

“Woah,” she says, sounding amazed.

“I know,” I say. “But long story short, we're together again, so you can be happy about that.”

“I am. Good for you two. My day was not as exciting as yours.”

***

Maddie's P.O.V.

Other than countless assignments to work on, my day was okay except for art class at the end of the day.

I was silently doodling in my sketchbook because I had already finished the classwork and there was about twenty five minutes until the bell would ring.

I got insulted by my “unartistic and fugly drawings” told to me by this girl who's name I do not know.

She teases everyone. Criticizes horrible drawings, bad sketches and not to mention hideous paintings. She thinks she's better than everyone else but she's not.

I usually try to ignore her. Another girl at my table named Erica told me to do so.

“Don't listen to her, she does that to everybody.” Although Erica was just trying to be nice, she's the best drawer and most artistic and creative person in this class.

But today the mean girl told me to kill myself.

I was hurt. This wasn't something that you should ignore, although I tried really hard to do so.

“Just do it. No one would know. No one would care.”

I had looked around to see if anyone other than me had heard that. Unfortunately, everyone was occupied. Even the teacher was busy.

I continued to sketch.

“Don't think you're all that because Jennifer Lawrence adopted you. Be glad she did because if not, you'd probably be in some nasty orphanage or something. Because that's what you are: a good for nothing orphan.” I'll have to admit, that hurt. A lot. But I sat there with my fist clenched.

“Aww, the orphan is upset?” she said with a high-pitched voice. “What's she gonna do? Cry to her mommy?” she pouted and drew a line with her finger down her cheek imitating a tear falling down. “Oh, wait, she doesn't have one!”