[40]: Nick's in Trouble part 2

Jen's P.O.V

   "Why are you here, Nick? I thought we needed to 'talk'." I say, using air-finger quotes.

   Nick suddenly looks afraid. Like I'm about to unleash my wrath or something.

   "He just came to spend some time with me. At least he wants to." Claudia says.

   "You're lucky you're already hurt," I mutter to myself.

   "I came to see if you're okay, and this is how you repay me? Unbelievable!" Josh shouts.

   "Hey! I didn't ask him to come, he just came!" Claudia shouts back.

   I didn't want Maddie to see this, so I told her to wait in the waiting room.

   "She seemed like she could use some company." Nick says.

   "What the hell, Nick! What if I was lonely? You never came to see me! You were always too busy." I say.

   "Look, can we talk about this later?" Nick asks.

   "Why? Because she's here? That little-"

   "Woah, woah! Jen, calm down! No need to call anyone names." Josh interferes.

   "Shut up, slut!" Claudia shouts.

   "You're the slut!" I spit back.

   "No, Nick, we're going to talk about this now. I'm tired of waiting for you. I always wait until you're ready! Well, I'm sick of it! You know, I don't think this relationship is gonna work." I say, trying to calm down.

   "I'm glad we're on the same page then," Nick says.

   "Oh, so you've already thought about this! When were you gonna break up with me?"

   "Now. Right now."

   Honestly, I was a little surprised by his reaction. I mean, so much has happened in so little time. I didn't want to put our relationship in jeopardy.

   I can already feel tears threatening to come out.

   "If that's what you want, then so be it," I say, calmly.

   "Okay, then."

   I never really realized that Josh and Claudia were watching. I didn't storm out of the room like I had wanted to, Nick doesn't deserve the satisfaction.

   "Wait, what about us?" Josh says to Claudia.

   "What about us? We've been becoming a little distant ever since you and Jen had your little affair."

   "It was just one lousy kiss! I told you already!" Josh yells.

   He thought the kiss was lousy? It seems like my heart dropped and shattered into a million pieces. Why would I have been so stupid to think that he might actually have feelings for me?

   Josh must've saw my face. I was hurt, obviously.

   "Jen, I'm sorry."

   "I don't want to hear it."

   "Jen, I didn't mean it!"

   "You didn't mean it? You mean, you liked it?" Claudia asks.

   "That's it, I'm out of here." I say, and after that, I leave the room.

                          +++