[33]: The Note

Maddie

When we arrive home, I soon realize that we never turned off the TV. Well, I didn't.

The same channel was on, and another girl is there, and she was talking about us at the bookstore. These paparazzi people are good.

Jen sees the TV and scoffs, and changes the channel.

"Don't worry about them."

I grab the first book of the Hunger Games series and sit on the couch and make my first attempt to read it.

Jen was right by my side if I needed help with anything.

* * *

Half the book finished with Jen's help and several hours later, I am a little tired.

I noticed that the book was different from the movies but Jen says that has to happen.

It's already 7:28 PM and all I want to do is go to sleep.

"Tomorrow, I'll go order some things for your room and you can pick the colors for it." Jen says.

I nod.

"You look tired. But before you go to bed, what do you want for dinner?"

"I don't care." I say.

Jen looks through the cupboards and brings out some cans of soup.

"Is this okay? I don't want you falling asleep before dinner and this is quick to make."

"That's fine." I yawn.

* * *

I am trying hard not to fall asleep right now. I have a spoonful of soup and I nearly dropped it.

"I think you're done, c'mon, let's get you to bed."

"Can you come with me?"

"I'll meet you there."

I walk up the stairs to Jen's room and throw myself onto the bed. I was laying on my stomach and not even covered. I was just so tired.

* * *

Jen

After I talked to Nick, I went into my room to see Maddie laying in an awkward position. I laugh a little.

I carefully move her so she's more comfortable, tuck her in and kiss her forehead.

"Good night." I whisper, careful not to wake her up.

I join her on the bed, covering the blankets up to my neck, thinking about filming. Next week Maddie will get to meet the cast.

I glance at her to see her peacefully asleep, in a vulnerable state.

My eyes begin to feel heavy. We've had a long day today. I hope that soon she'll be able to handle the paparazzi. I don't want anything to happen to my baby girl.

* * *

Maddie

I wake up in the middle of the night because I heard a noise.

My heart starts beating rapidly. I don't want to wake Jen up, so I try to find out where the sound is coming from.

I quietly walk downstairs suddenly very nervous. I don't think I've ever been in this type of situation before.

It's raining outside, pouring really. You can hear thunder and see lightning.

A roar of thunder and a flash of lightning strikes. That's when I notice a figure at our door.