[51:] Josh Visits

Claudia's P.O.V.

   I've been at the hospital for a few weeks now and I'm beginning to heal but it'll be a long time before I can walk again. Hopefully, I'll be able to walk by Christmas.

   Nick has came to visit me a few times and has flirted with me but I'm not ready for another relationship. Especially not while I'm in this condition.

   Although I do enjoy Nick's company, he used to come everyday but I think he's working so he can't come visit as much, which is okay, but I like it better when he's here.

   What bothers me is the fact that Josh hasn't really came since the first time, which is when we broke up. He's a prick. Who needs him? I don't.

   I heard a knock on the door, expecting Nick, I fix my hair up a little bit, fluff my pillows, and sit up straight before letting him come in.

  But it wasn't Nick, it was Josh. And he was carrying flowers.

   "Josh? What are you doing here?" I ask, trying not to sound surprised but I failed to do so.

   His hair was blonde, probably for his role in Catching Fire. I always loved his hair blonde. Well, I loved any shade on him.

   "Can I sit down?" he asks.

   "Sure," I say, shifting in my seat.

   There was a moment of silence before he spoke.

   "So, how've you been?" he asks.

   "Broken, but healing."

   "I brought you some flowers, roses, your favorite."

   "Thanks," I show a small smile.

   "I feel bad that I couldn't come as often as I should. We started filming a few weeks ago."

   "Well you came, you can go now." I say, sounding a bit rude.

   "What, are you expecting someone or something? You used to love being around me."

   "Key word: used to. I've moved on from you."

   "You? Moved on from me? Yeah, right. When we were together, you still had feelings for the boyfriend you had before me!"

   "Well, I've changed." I say firmly and I cross my arms.

   Josh sighs. "I didn't come here to argue. I just came to see how you're doing."

   "Are you going to see Jen?" I ask, curiously.

   "Why do you care? Is the reason why you want me to leave so badly because of Nick?"

   I stay silent.

   "I knew it. You probably have feelings for him."

   "Why do you care?" I spit back.

   "I don't," he replies a little too quickly.

   "You know, you've always been really smart for a man. But you'll be stupid as hell if you go out with Jen." I say.

   "Why are you so jealous? I don't get it. I gave you everything. I loved you with all my heart and this is how you treat me. I just wanted to show you that I care enough to come visit. Sorry for stopping by."

   "Wait--"

   By that time he walked out and slammed the door.

  Ugh, why does he always have to be like this? Is he right? Am I jealous?