[67:] Hospital Visit

Maddie's P.O.V.

Me and Chris practically ran into the Emergency Room. Luckily, Chelsea was in the waiting area, but when I saw her, she looked furious.

She said hello to me, but I was more focused on which room Julian is at.

All I heard was, “You stole my car?” and “I'm sorry!” from the two of them, I'll hear the story later, probably at lunch on Monday.

Chelsea mentioned to me what room he was in, I wasn't sure how to ask one of the ladies at the desk.

I ran all the way up several flights of stairs, not bothering to take an elevator.

By the time I reached the floor I needed to be on, I was out of breath and breaking a sweat. I think I had forgotten to breathe on the way up here.

I found the room he was in, his mother was there, frowning and Julian's eyes were closed.

Like the person I am, I expected the very worst. I felt my vision being blurred because of tears.

He was wearing a mask on his face, and he looked peaceful.

I started crying, right in front of his mother I have yet to meet but I could tell it was her, she looked like Julian, or the other way around, however way you want to put it.

Me, not knowing what was going on, thought he was dead.

***

Crystal's P.O.V.

“You stole my car?” Chelsea was freaking out. We both stepped outside so we wouldn't cause a commotion.

“Well, I didn't actually steal it. More like borrowing.”

“I can't believe you! You're only fourteen!” Chelsea shouted at me. I felt the cold breeze. “You're just way too young to be driving!”

“So?”

So? That's all you have to say? You could've gotten hurt! You could've gotten killed! I don't know what I'd do without you!” she hugged me.

“I know what you'd do. You'd live your life without me. I don't think you'd care if I even died.” I felt my eyes beginning to water.

Chelsea put her hands on my shoulders, she looks like she might cry too. “Of course I'd care. You're my baby sister.”

“And you're the most amazing person on this planet, according to Mom and Dad.”

“You are that to me.”

“I seriously doubt that. You are always doing school work, even when we were kids. That's all you'd do was work. I'd want to go outside and play, but no, you'd be inside.” I cross my arms. “Now when I decide to do my own thing, you want to interfere. Now you want to be apart of my life.”

“I was always doing work because--”

“I really don't want to hear it,” I say, cutting her off. “Now that I'm older, I just want to be left alone. I want to do what you've never done, and that is to be alive.”

She didn't bother to speak, she just listened.

“I want to grow old and look back with no regrets.” I sniff. “You know, Mom and Dad think you're the favorite, you know that? Everything you do is so damn great! You're the perfect child they've always wanted. They don't care about me, no one does.”

“Chris--”

“Let me finish!” I shout. “I've always been the one who was ignored, no one cared about me. All they cared about was 'little miss special.' They were so proud of you when you got straight A's and gave me a disappointing look at my D's. But it's not my fault!” I feel stupid, talking about these things from the past. I can't change them.