[59:] GMA

Maddie's P.O.V.

Jen had an interview on Ellen on December 29th.

Of course, Ellen asked her questions, it's what happens during interviews, but this time, they wanted me to talk about my past life. It's a subject I don't like to talk about, but so many people have been wanting to know, so I went.

"So, Maddie, how did you end up meeting Jennifer Lawrence?" Ellen asked.

I wasn't sure if I should tell the truth, only because what I did wasn't legal. At least, I don't think it is.

I took a deep breath and summarized my story. "I lived from foster home to foster home. My 'parents' didn't take care of me, so I left, went from Chicago to all the way down here. It was a struggle to survive, but I did and I don't regret a thing."

"If there was more time I'd ask you for more details. I'm sure that was hard for you to say."

"It was, but it had to be done."

***

We've been receiving non-stop phone calls so people can interview me.

Usually I say no, because it seems a little overwhelming. Talk shows have been playing my interview with Ellen all week, it's been the number one story people have been interested in.

Today, the phone rang, and I answered it.

"Hello, is this Maddie Andrews?" a woman asked.

"Lawrence, but yes."

"This is Missy Howard. I am the vice president of programming for ABC. I wanted to talk to you about appearing on the show, Good Morning America."

"What?" I say, shocked.

"Maddie, we are so in admiration of you here. We know what you went through must've been rough."

"And you admire that?"

"Sorry?"

"I don't want to be on your show." I said, politely.

"Now, Maddie, hear me out. If you would be willing to come to New York, we would be glad to pay your way, and you and your family could make a vacation out of it. We could talk about--"

"No, thank you."

"Maddie, the whole nation saw your story on the Ellen. People were shocked by what you've been through. We know for a fact there are many people in our country who would love an update on you. How you're doing, what life is like now. People really do care, and I'm sure they would like to see you on television."

"No, I--"

"How does Friday sound? We'd fly you and your parent out, of course, and--"

"I said no. I don't want to be on your show and that's final."

I get off the phone and Jen is there.

"Maddie, what was that all about?" she asks.

"That was some show. They wanted me to come on there and talk about myself."

"What show?"

"Good Morning America."

"Really? That's not some show. That's big." she replied.

"Mom! Are you going to start, too? Do you want me to go on it?" I snapped.

"Only if you want to. People have been asking me about you during my interviews."

I sigh. "Fine. Hopefully, I'll be left alone after this."

***

I called back and told them that I'd like to be on their show.