[54:] Jay Leno

Maddie's P.O.V.

   So much has happened in the past few weeks that I forgot to tell you about what happened the day after the Silver Lining's Playbook premiere. Jen had an interview with Jay Leno and let me tell you, it was an interesting one.

***

   Jen's P.O.V.

   I'm backstage right now, getting ready for my interview with Jay Leno. I just had a Red Bull and I might be a little hyper tonight. Let's see what happens.

   "Rolling Stone magazine called my first guest 'the most talented actress in America.' She's been in the Hunger Games, X-Men: First Class and is nominated for an Oscar in her role in Silver Lining's Playbook. Please welcome, Jennifer Lawrence!" I hear Jay Leno say.

   As I walk out, huge grin on my face, I see Maddie, cheering me on in the crowd.

   I'm wearing a tight, baby blue dress with black heels. Thought I'd keep it simple.

   He greets me and gives me a hug and then I sit down.

   "Welcome back! How've you been? Everything's good?" Jay said.

   "Yeah, how've you been?"

   "Great. So, I've heard that no one should put any sugar or caffeine in your dressing room."

   Oh, boy. This is some story to tell.

   "Yeah, it was from my past experience. I didn't get any sleep. It was two years ago I think, and I didn't want to be boring so I chugged down four Red Bulls and some coffee and when they said, 'presenting Jennifer Lawrence,' I stormed in there and poor Jesse Eisenberg was talking about his OCD and I was like, 'Dude, your OCDs are awesome!' and he's like, 'I've actually been suffering this my whole life.' and I'm like, 'I don't care! Hahaha!' I was nuts. I was talking to the producer and I was like, 'Can we just pretend that I'm an alcoholic and keep everything caffeine away from me?"

   Jay and I laughed. Maddie was looking at me weird because I never mentioned the story to her. She probably thinks I'm crazier that I am.

   Once Jay calmed down, he said:

   "Okay, so now you're filming the next Hunger Games."

   "Yeah, right now." I replied.

   The audience applauds.

   "This has become huge." Jay said.

   "I know," I say, very proudly, "We had kind of expected that because it has a huge fanbase and towards the opening I just had a feeling that this was a big film."

   "So, you were in a car accident in Georgia." Jay said.

   I remember when that happened. It was before Maddie came into my life. I went to Georgia to visit and I got into a car accident. Of course, I didn't tell Maddie, then I'd be known as "The Crazy Lady."

   "Yes, I did. It was a few months ago. I'm driving to the hotel and thought I saw Honey Boo Boo and I was--"

   "Hold up, hold up, you thought you saw Honey Boo Boo?" Jay interrupts.

   I laughed a little then said:

   "There was a breast cancer parade so people were wearing pink and now I know that it said 'boobs' on the thing and I thought it said 'boo boo' and I was like, 'Woah, is that Honey Boo Boo?' and I was craning my neck and I saw a little girl and I thought it was Honey Boo Boo and I'm still driving when all of this is happening."