17. Secrets revealed

Começar do início

"You shouldn't." Ethan shakes his head at her.

"Fine, I'll come, just to prove you wrong." She told him, and he sneered at her.

When they arrived at where Max and Mike were standing, they watched and listened to them carefully, with Eleven afraid that she might witness the most hurtful thing ever.

"You know, I liked living in California," Max begins.

"Oh, really? Then why did you move away?" Mike asks.

"I didn't really want to leave, my mom and my step-dad wanted to leave California though, in order to avoid my Dad." Max explained,

It was then, when Eleven started to exclude the thought of Mike and Max being more than just friends from her mind, before the shift in the atmosphere, where everything suddenly became clearer.

"Mike?" Max called for his attention,

"Yes?" He responded, moving closer to her.

"I know you don't like this topic, but I have to bring it up."

"Okay? I'm listening."

"When will you tell Eleven?"

"Max, I don't know," he huffed, his hand going through his hair anxiously,

"You should tell her soon," Max insisted.

"You said you'd give me time."

"And I did, Mike. I don't like this, it's like we are cheating on her!" Eleven had to cover her mouth with her hands to mute her gasp.

"I know, I know. But-"

"Just tell her, Mike. Tell her or I will." Mike whose head was down, apparently having a battle in his own mind, looked up at Max in shock when she said these words.

"You have to tell her Mike, you have to." She squeezes his hand gently to erase the tension, but the kind gesture doesn't do anything to calm him down. "Good night,"

And with her heart beating rapidly against her chest and tears in her eyes threatening to spill free, she headed to her tent, leaving a very uncomfortable and sad Mike.

Maybe the fact that it's their first fight since they got together was what made Max this sad, to the point where she was crying.

"See? I told you." Ethan whispered beside El. As they watched Mike struggle to keep a straight face.

"I'm sure he doesn't love her. He only loves me. Only me. And I'll make sure she knows that." Eleven kind of told herself rather than Ethan, fighting the urge to punch Max and kick her out of the tent. She has got a plan, and she will make Max regret ever getting between her and Mike.

□■□■□

The next morning, the students were all gathered and ready to leave. Eleven was eager to start her revenge plan. "Max, can I talk to you for a second?" The shocked look on Max's face was the same as Mike's.

"Okay," Max agreed, unsure of Eleven's sudden friendly interaction. "You better hurry though, or we will miss the bus."

Once Max and El. were alone, and Eleven made sure that they were out of earshot, she begin talking. "I know what is going on between you and Mike."