Bucky Barnes | Distant

Requested by @Jdavis141

Bucky seemed...distant. He stopped talking more and more. It got to the point where he even started to ignore you. Every time you would try to spike conversations, he would look down, get up and leave. At times it even made you feel insecure and sad, like you weren't fulfilling your duties as a girlfriend.

You eventually talked to Steve and Sam about it, and they said the same thing every time. "Give him time. It'll all work out." At this point, you don't know how much more time he needed.

In the mornings when you would cook for the team, Bucky would have a pained look on his face, and reluctantly eat some of his breakfast. It was breaking your heart to see him like this, fearful and afraid. It had only started a month ago, when he had came back from a mission involving HYDRA. Something had went on, and he seemed different. Only eating small portions of his food, speaking only simple answers. It was worrying.

                                                                      Later...

It was now night. You were contemplating confronting Bucky over morning, and was planning out what to say, when you heard a yell. It was faint, but your trained ears picked it up. You threw on a robe, and straightened out your bonnet before walking out the door. You were halfway down the hall when you heard another chilling scream.

It came from Bucky's room.

You opened the door quickly to see Bucky sleeping, tossing in bed. You walked over and kneeled quietly on his bed. Sweat headed on his forehead, and his breathing was shallow and irregular. You attempted to shake him awake when his metal arm immediately reached up to try and choke you. You dodged easily, and your heightened senses become more aware.

You continued to shake him awake and he eyes snapped open. He gasped and blinked a few times. He quickly sat up in bed and looked around. His eyes landed on you, and they softened a bit. You gave him a weak smile and he brought his knees up to his chest.

His head was buried in his knees, and soft sobs could be heard. You rubbed his back gently, and sympathetically.

"Buck...what's wrong?" You asked, concerned.

He finally looked up, his cheeks wet with fresh tears. You took the pads of your thumbs and wiped them away.

"I almost choked you, doll. I almost did the very thing I've been trying to avoid. I'm a monster, Y/N." he says, looking down again.

It broke your heart to see him so broken and hurt.

"You aren't a monster, Buck. The Winter Soldier did those things. That's not you anymore," You say. "I want to help you, Bucky. But I can't do that if you keep pushing me away."

You pat his back as he sniffles and more choked sobs come from him.

"Are you sure you want to? What if I slip and hurt you? I couldn't live with myself if that happens." He spoke sadly.

"Yes. I want you to get through this. Even if you slip up, it's okay because it's going to get worse before it gets better. You will get through this."

"I'm a mess." He mumbles almost quietly.

"I'm a mess, too." You said, now leaning on his shoulder.

He laughs a little at your joke, and uses his arms to wipe his cheeks. You stood up, as he got comfortable his in his bed, and walked to the door.

"Night, Bucky."

"Night, Y/N/N."

You smile gently and open the door.

"Wait! Y/N can you sleep with me, tonight?" He asks, with a blush covering his cheeks.

You smile gently, and turn around.

Getting in bed, Bucky wraps his arms around you and pulls you closer. You smile gently, wrapping your arms around him in return.

•••

I hope I did this one justice! I hope you like it, @Jdavis141

Remember, requests are always open.