Chapter 34 - Not Wanting To Let ZhouXiang Go

En başından başla

The phone on the other side is suddenly silent.

This kind of silence is like a knife stabbing at ZhouXiang's heart.

YanMingXiu didn't even refute any of that, which is not surprising. YanMingXiu has never attempt to even tell him any white lies (T/N). This kind of honesty is cruel enough.

T/N: a harmless or trivial lie, especially one told to avoid hurting someone's feelings.

ZhouXiang couldn't help but got emotionally choked up, "YanMingXiu, you sure are good at trampling on people. I'm ashamed to say that I'm no match to you. I give up. I don't want to be WangYuDong's substitute both in and outside of work. Just move out. As soon as possible. I also want to go back home soon." After saying that, he immediately hung up. He didn't dare to hear YanMingXiu's voice. It would be too humiliating if he accidentally cried. He didn't want to be any more shameful than he already is.

After hanging up the phone, ZhouXiang kept tossing and turning, unable to sleep. As soon as he closed his eyes, his mind would think of the bits and pieces of memories of the times he spent with YanMingXiu in this past year.

Time really has passed by too quickly. So fast that before he even had time to react, he had already gotten himself too deep into this trap. If it wasn't for YanMingXiu revealing the truth in his drunken stupor, he really didn't know how long he will continue on holding to this delusion...not coming to his senses.

It's good. Everything is over...all fucking over.

ZhouXiang painfully closed his eyes.

ZhouXiang stayed at CaiWei's home for two days. His dispirited appearance made it unbearable for CaiWei so CaiWei took him to the company and had him with help out on some public relations tasks.

Not long after ZhouXiang arrived at the company, Xiao Liu came over and informed him that someone was looking for him.

ZhouXiang asked who it was. Xiao Liu said that this person is very attractive but didn't seem to be coming with good intentions.

Intuition tells ZhouXiang that this person is YanMingXiu but he didn't think that YanMingXiu would ever initiate in coming to find him. His words to YanMingXiu were so harshly extreme. With YanMingXiu being such a proud and arrogant person, he would have left long ago.

ZhouXiang pondered over it, and then have Xiao Liu take this person to the reception room. After he finished with his business phone call, he went to the room.

When he is holding the door handle to the reception room, he felt the palm of his hand sweating. Turning it, the handle wouldn't turn because his palm was too slippery.

When he tried to turn the handle again, the door opened from the inside and YanMingXiu appeared in front of him, his eyes piercing at him like a chilly knife.

The rims around YanMingXiu's eyes are dark. He looked exhausted but it still didn't diminish his arrogance a bit.

He grabbed ZhouXiang's wrist and dragged him into the room, then slammed the door.

ZhouXiang looked at him silently.

YanMingXiu's lips trembled for a long time, before finally uttering, "You've got some balls, not going home for so many days."

Just looking at him, ZhouXiang already felt such immense pain that he couldn't even breathe. In this small reception room, all the cells on his body seem to be breathing in YanMingXiu's aura, making it impossible for him to evade.

ZhouXiang took a deep breath, reluctantly forcing himself to appear calm; he asked "Have you moved out yet?"

YanMingXiu responded fiercely, "You think that you can just tell me to move in and I move in, move out and I move out? What the fuck are you taking me as?"