"We?" she asks, "Crikey, have you got Brian working with you?"

Brian scoffs, "Please. I have better things to do than spend my days trying to rip off sweet old ladies."

"I'm not proud of myself, Brian but we need the money," Roger argues, "Do you want to go back to that bedsit? Back to living on baked beans?"

Brian ignores him and takes Roxanne's plate from her to take them through to the kitchen, "We need to get ready to go."

"Go?" she repeats, "Where are you going?"

"Got a gig," Roger explains, "You want to tag along?"

She does. In the past, she loved watching Smile perform and she desperately wanted to meet their new bandmates but really, she was tired from her train journey -which is ridiculous. All she did was sit her arse on a seat for four or five hours.

"Not tonight, Rog." she says regrettably, "You said you have a gig tomorrow night, right?"

He nods.

"Then I shall be there with bells on."

The young men dart around the flat; grabbing keys, their wallets and of course, Brian grabs his guitar before they're off out the door and Roxy takes another look around the flat.

She was going to clean this place up before doing anything else.

++|++

After cleaning up, Roxy sticks on some crappy TV programme and at some point, she fell asleep.

She woke up briefly when Brian and Roger returned in the early hours of the next morning and she vaguely heard that Roger had been joined by a young lady and Brian draped a blanket over her before retiring to his own room.

To be honest, the couch isn't that bad. It's plushy and comfortable enough that she doesn't think she'll mind sleeping on it for the time she's here.

When she dozes off again, she sleeps right through till morning and when she wakes up, she stretches her arms over her head before opening her eyes but when she does, she screams.

There's a man sat on the coffee table watching her but when she screams, he also screams and so the two of them are just sitting screaming at one another.

They both scream until Brian's door flies open - as does Roger's who comes stumbling out in only his boxers.

"What the fuck is going on?! Freddie?"

This is Freddie?

Roxanne pulls the blanket up to her chin as she sits up and the pair of them give each other the once over. He's a handsome guy, a little more exotic than what one would normally see in London but he was handsome all the same but when he smiles at her, she can't help but notice how big his teeth are.

"Roger, darling, is everyone in your family as pretty as you?"

Her cousin doesn't really look like he knows what's going on, having been so suddenly awoken though he does give Freddie a nod.

"Freddie," Brian starts, "What are you doing here? It's barely nine."

"Oh, yes," he stands, Roxy's wide eyes following him closely as he lights up a cigarette. She honestly thinks that she's still dreaming, "I went to the Lion and the Unicorn."

"And?" Roger seems a lot more awake now.

Freddie shakes his head. "He turned us down. Had the absolute audacity to say that we're not good enough to play his pub. Honestly, can you believe that, darling?" He directs his question at Roxanne who just continues to stare at him, "Oh, where are my manners? Freddie Mercury."

"Roxanne Taylor," she shakes his outstretched hand.

"Scottish I hear. Now the nickname makes sense."

"Oh, you didn't tell him my nickname, did you?" she looks at Roger, who just grins.

Freddie just shakes his head while still looking at her, "Truly, darling, you are beautiful."

Roxanne grins as her cheeks burn, looking at Brian, "I like him!"

Both she and Freddie look over their shoulders as a woman, the same woman she'd heard last night, emerges behind Roger, in his shirt and they watch as she wraps her arms around his waist, standing on her tiptoes to whisper something in his ear, causing a grin to creep onto his face.

Roxanne lets out a noise of disgust as he turns his head to kiss her, his hand moving down her waist to squeeze her bum before following her back into his bedroom but not before giving the three of them a wink.

"Okay, no." she shakes her head and gets up and despite being in her pyjamas, she reaches for her jacket, "Breakfast anyone?"

She's never seen anyone move quicker.