Chapter 18

" Y/n. Calm down. Sit down here." She continued to sob as I closed the door and got her some tissues.

" Tell me. What happened ?" I asked her.

" Suga proposed to me." She sniffed.

" That's a good thing, right ?" I said to give her solace.

" No, Joon. You don't understand. I can't marry him." She looked at me with teary eyes.

" Why ?" I asked out of curiosity.

" I-I can't t-tell you." She muttered as she tried to avoid eye contact.

"Ah! It's fine. You don't have to say it." I smiled. I rose up from my seat but she grabbed my hand.

" Joon. Don't go." She looked at me.

I was getting her some water but forget it! I sat down next to her and she rested her head on my chest.

" I feel terrible about my decision." She mumbled.

" It's your decision. Do what makes you happy." I encouraged her.

She fell asleep in my arms. Never have I ever felt this good in life. I was smiling for some unknown reasons. I was happy that she was there with me, in my arms.

I have no idea about how long we were hugging each other. But I knew for that span of time, I held her so close that I felt as if she was mine all along. As if she never dated anyone. She destined to be mine.

She was sleeping peacefully in my arms as the night fell. Eventually, I fell asleep too. Next day, the whole bangtan came to know about the rejection. We all gathered in the practice room except for Suga hyung.

Everyone was confused and had a million questions to ask but they were running out of patience as Y/n refused to tell them the reason.

" I don't understand. Y/n, you love Suga so what's the big deal in getting married to him ?" Hoseok asked rhetorically.

" You guys stayed together for so long. Why did you reject him ?" Jimin asked softly.

" Don't you love him anymore ?" Taehyung's question made everyone quiet in the group.

" I have my reasons to reject his proposal." Y/n replied avoiding eye contact with anyone.

" I talked to Suga hyung today. He sounded angry and annoyed on the phone." Jungkook gave his piece of information.

"Guys! You have to understand that marriage is not a small thing. You have to spend your whole life with one person. It takes time to think. Even years of relationship fail after marriage. So don't take it lightly." Jin hyung defended Y/n.

Everyone went quiet again. As if thinking about the reasons that Suga got rejected. But Y/n spoke up.

" I want to talk to Jin hyung alone."

So we all left the room and sat somewhere else, far away from them. But the discussion was still on. Everyone put forth their opinions and observations.

" I really ship them. I thought I would do something really sweet in their wedding." Jimin whined for the plan he was working on.

" I really don't understand. It's so sudden. I never expected Y/n to reject Suga." Hoseok seems lost finding out the reasons.

" Maybe she doesn't love him anymore." Tae's words didn't bring silence but chaos as everyone was on couple's side.

"GUYS! GUYS! HEAR ME OUT !" Tae freed himself from their clutches.

" See, a girl usually wants to marry a guy and guy doesn't want to do it but in this case, it's the complete opposite. That means Y/n doesn't feel the same for Suga hyung anymore." Silence filled the air again.

For the next few days, Suga hyung completely ignored Y/n. Whether it was in bighit or at home. He used to shut himself in his own studio. Y/n was not happy about it.

On one such night, I got a call from Y/n.

" Joon."

" What is it? Are you okay ?" I asked.

" Joon, Jin hyung is sending Suga home and he wants me to talk it out with him. But I..I.." she stopped midway in her sentence.

" Y/n, don't worry. Everything will be fine." I tried to sound normal.

" Joon, I don't feel-- I guess he's here. I'll call you back." She replied urgently.

She didn't hung up so I stayed on the other side of the phone. I had no intentions of eavesdropping but I was scared for Y/n.

"Suga! Listen to me !" I heard Y/n pleading.

" I DON'T WANNA TALK TO YOU !" he snapped back at her.

" Why did you changed so suddenly? Let's sort things out calmly." Y/n suggested.

"REALLY? DID I CHANGE? YOU THINK I CHANGED? I AIN'T YOU, Y/N !"

"Suga! Listen to me! Listen to my side of the story !"

" Yeah. Sure. So tell me, how you fell for Namjoon? How you rejected me for him ?"