Chapter 17

" I am gonna propose Y/n."

" Oh ! My ! God! Hyung !" Jimin clung on Suga's shoulder.

" Woah ~ Jinjia ?" Hoseok asked in surprise.

" I am gonna be your best man, Yoongi !" Seokjin demanded.

" Hyung, you're getting married ?" Tae asked in disbelief.

" It's party time ~ " Jungkook did his excited dance.

" I haven't proposed her yet! Calm down, everyone ! " but his words fell on the deaf ears and everyone was already super excited.

" Once we return to Korea, I want you guys to help me out in picking a beautiful ring for Y/n. Especially you, Namjoon." He pointed at me. I nodded with a smile.

Everyone couldn't stop talking about the proposal. Everyone had ideas to make it special for Suga and Y/n. But Suga has already made up his mind on what has to be done.

In the store, when everyone suggested different rings for Y/n. I stood in one corner and watched them. I looked at the bracelet section put on display.

"Here! Open it! Fast ! " she ordered.

" A bracelet."

" I couldn't get anything for your birthday so I got matching bracelets for us. I have one here." She raised her right hand to show me her bracelet.

" And one is with you." She smiled.

I looked at the bracelet.

" It's a personalized bracelet. It has your name behind it." She turns the bracelet to reveal my name.

" Namjoon, what do you think about this ring ?" Suga hyung asked me.

"Huh? Yeah. It's nice."

" Do you think she will like it ?"

" She likes something simple and elegant so I think she will like it." I replied.

" You know alot about her likes and dislikes." My smile faded as he spoke those words then he walked away.

Things have been different between Suga hyung and me for quite some time now. Though he never confronted me about it but he made sure to remind me that Y/n is his girlfriend from time to time.

At our dorm, Y/n was waiting for us. She has learned how to cook so she gave her best to cook homemade dishes for us.

" Hyung, when do you plan to propose her ?" Jimin whispered so Y/n couldn't hear us.

" I think I would do it tonight." Suga whispered.

" Aw ~ someone is impatient." Jimin teased.

I rose from my seat and walked over to the window. I stared at the buildings. Over the years, they had changed so much. Everything changed except for my love.

" Namjoon." Hoseok patted on my shoulder.

"Huh? Oh ! Hobi, I was just--"

" I'm really sorry. Years ago, when I advised you to forget Y/n. I thought you would succeed in doing so. But now when I look at you and I realised your love never changed. You never changed."

" No need to apologise. It is in my destiny. We were never meant to be together. We're just good friends."

" Why don't you tell her about your feelings? " We heard Tae's voice from behind.

" Taehyung ?" Hoseok looked over to him.

" You don't understand. I can never love someone who was never mine." I replied.

Taehyung was the second person who knew about my feelings. He said that I made it obvious for everyone to notice.

" There is no way, Y/n is gonna reject Suga's proposal." Hoseok justified.

" I agree but what if she does? You never know." Tae shrugged.

" Y/n is very clear about her feelings." Hoseok said.

" She is clear about her emotions. I might sound wrong at this time but you never know, she might change her mind." Tae reasoned the possibilities.

At night, when I was working in my studio. I couldn't concentrate. Taehyung's words were stuck in my mind.

" You never know, she might change her mind."

But Hoseok wasn't wrong either.

" There is no way, Y/n is gonna reject Suga's proposal."

He is right. Y/n and Suga are together for so many years. She has no reason to reject his proposal. She is happy with him. I don't think she will reject the proposal.

I am excepting more than it should be expected! I am still clinging on the hope of getting love from Y/n. I laughed at myself. I should get some rest. It was 1:15 am in the morning.

I walked over the door but before I can open it. A knock comes from the other side. I knew who it was.

I opened the door but no sooner, Y/n was holding me tight, burying her face in my neck and crying bitterly. I stood in utter shock. It was late at night. She should've been home.

 She should've been home

" Y/n..." I called her name.

" I couldn't do it, Joon. I couldn't do it." She manages to speak between her sobs.