Chapter 24

Tony's POV
It's been two years since Steve and I got married. 

Six years since the shitshow that was high school. 

Me and Steve have an apartment in a small town in Virginia now. I work at this mechanic shop and Steve runs his own art store where he sells his art and takes commissions too. 

Speak of the devil, Steve walks in. He sits next to me on the couch and rests his head on my shoulder.

"Long day," I say, laughing. Steve mock glares at me. "I'm not the one falling asleep on his husbands shoulder." Steve protests weakly and I attempt to push him off me but he's like 6'2(i dunno how tall he is, I'm making it up), and I'm only 5'7. 

I reach for the remote and turn on our new favorite show, Supernatural. 

Y'all don't get to judge it's a great show. Watch it
After about twenty minutes into the episode I feel Steve's breathing slow and I look over and he's fast asleep.

"Aww," I whisper. I turn off the tv, trying not to wake him. 

I swiftly grab the blanket and put it over us, because god knows I can't carry him. 

****

The next morning, I wake up to the smell of pancakes.

I grumble and roll of the couch, hitting the floor with a thud.

"You good Tony?" I hear Steve call. I groan and don't move for about two minutes before pulling myself up and heading into the kitchen, rubbing my eyes.

"Well, someone's busy." I comment, looking around at the plate of pancakes and-oh! Bacon. I slid over to the counter and grab a piece. 

"Guess what day is today?" Steve asks.

"What?"

"Our anniversary." 

Wait, really? I quickly look over at the calendar.

It is.

"Happy anniversary, baby." I smile. "I love you."

"Love you too." Steve turns around and grins at me. He hands me a plate of pancakes. "But eat quickly, I'm taking you out."

"Where?"

"It's a surprise." Steve teases. I glare at him, before shoveling pancakes in my mouth. 

"Let's go." I say about five minutes later. I wonder what this is about...

Actually, I might know.

A couple days ago, me and Steve were talking, and Steve mentioned adopting a kid, and I kind of froze up, thinking back to my childhood, where my parents were never there. 

Steve reassured me I would be a great father, but the subject was dropped, till now apparently. I pull my shirt on and we head out the door. 

"Steve, is this about adopting?" I ask. Steve turns to me with a guilty expression on his face. 

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you, Tony, but trust me, you are gonna be the most amazing father." I lean in gently and kiss him on the lips.

"Is this a visit or are we adopting a kid today?" I question.

"Adopting. Tony, if you don't want to I'll cancel, but you're-"

I interrupt him. "We don't have all day, Steve, we got a kid to adopt." Steve beams and we keep walking until Steve stops us in front of a orphanage. 

"May's Home for Boys." I read. "Sounds nice." 

"Oh, come on Tony, let's go in." Steve pulls my arm and I follow him through the door and into the dimly light hallway. A woman with mousy brown hair and dark brown eyes, hidden by glasses, walks in and holds her hand out.

"Hi, welcome. I'm May Jameson, I run this home. I'm guessing you two are Steve and Tony?" She asks. 

"Um, yes we are. I'm Steve and this is Tony," he introduces. "We're here to see about adoption?" 

"Yes, I know. Do you know how old you want him to be?" May inquires, jotting notes down on her pad.

"About two to four years old," Steve replies. 

"Kay, follow me." May instructs. "There is a set of twins that are three, and a boy about five." She informs us as she leads us through a set of double doors to what looks like a parlor. Three boys sat on a sofa. The older one was describing something, while the twins were listening with fascination. 

"Boys, I'd like you to meet Steve and Tony." May introduces, "Please behave. The eldest one is Erik and the twins are Peter and Harley." Steve waves at them. 

"Are you gonna adopt one of us?" Erik asks, facing us now instead of the twins. I nod, feeling bad because two of the boys, or one, aren't going to be adopted. 

(Sorry I don't know how adoption works)

Peter, at least I think it's Peter, pushes himself of the sofa and waddles over to us.

"I'm Peter." He says, pointing to himself. I drop down so I'm at his level. 

"Nice to meet you Peter, I'm Tony." Peter smiles and leans in and hugs me before heading back to his twin. Harley waves at me. 

"C'mon boys, it's time for naps. I'll leave you two to talk it over." May says and ushers the boys out the door. 

"Peter and Harley are really cute." Steve offers. 

"Yeah, I like them too."

Steve laughs lightly. " You and Peter had a moment." I laugh too. 

"Do you wanna come back tomorrow and adopt tomorrow. We can fill out all the papers tonight."

"Alright. Do you really think we are ready, do you think I'm ready?" I look up at Steve nervously. 

"Of course. Most definitely. We will be amazing parents." Steve reassures. 

"Have you two made a decision?" May walks back into the room. Steve nods.

"Could we come by tomorrow and take them home?" Steve inquires.

"Yes, you just have to fill out these papers, and Peter and Harley will officially be your kids. And just for the record, I think you two will be great fathers." May smiles gently before handing us a handful of papers and walks out of the room. 

*******THE NEXT MORNING********

"Are you our new dads?" Harley asks. Steve nods. I hand the papers to May and join Steve in talking to the twins. 

"Yes, we're going to be your parents." Steve answers."Is that ok?"

"Ya." Harley replies. 

"Alright, Steve, everything is in order, we can go home now." I tell him. "Are you boys ready?" Peter and Harley nod. Peter pulls Harley along and takes my hand, and Harley hold Steve's hand. 

I grin at Steve over the boy's heads. 

Together we walk out the door, our perfect little family complete. 

WOAH LAST CHAPTER!!!!

THERES GONNA BE AN EPILOUGE DONT WORRY!!!!

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!! YOU ARE AMAZING FANS!!!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND PATIENCE WHEN I DONT UPDATE FOR MONTHS!!!!

*blows kisses*

XOXO VALKYRIE