|| Nergigante ||

It's been about a month since the dreaded passing of Rathalos happened, Charlotte spent this time in her room researching about the creature that killed him, Charlotte didn't know how everyone else was doing as she hadn't seen them, the only one that she could bare to see was Lagi he showed up every now and again to say hi, pretty great how the Commander gave Charlotte a room next to a giant pond with a waterfall but even then she didn't have the effort to go out on an expedition on collecting unique fish with Lagi, it wasn't all completely useless though, Charlotte managed to find out exactly what monster killed Rathalos, his name was, Nergigante, he was a big black Elder Dragon that feasted upon other Elder Dragons, he had spikes that once sliced off can regrow back stronger and he lived in a place called the Elders Recess, even though Charlotte knew about all of this and could literally go at any given moment she decided not to, as the thought of Tom also being dead gave her even more guilt which therefore made her not want to find out about this Nergigante, she decided to sleep on it.

The next day she was awoken by Azure Rathalos staring at her trying to fit in the gap Lagi usually sits in.

Charlotte: "What the hell are you doing here?"

He responded with a little snarl but sadly it wasn't one of those times Charlotte could understand him.

Charlotte: "Come on what do you want?"

With Soul realizing she didn't understand him he grabbed her sword and gave a happy growl.

Charlotte: "Ohhh, you want to do it today?"

Soul gave her an approving nod.

Charlotte: "Well fuck it whats the harm that could happen lets go save Tom!"

And with that she geared up and hopped on the back of the Azure Rathalos flying past the nests of her friends telling them they're off to kill the beast, they all roared in comparison as to how pleased they were that finally this monster will suffer a worse fate than death.

After flying with what felt like hours Soul flew down and Charlotte quickly hopped off.

Charlotte: "Where am i supposed to go to now? is this even the right place?"

Her words were blanked and Soul flew off leaving her in the Elders Recess, alone...

Walking around a bit this place seemed weird, crystals everywhere some higher than trees and others reaching above the clouds.

Charlotte: "This place gives me the heebie jeebies, i hope i find this dragon soon cause i dont want to spend a second longer in this place."

Charlotte walked around for a few more hour before sitting down on the side of some slab, out of breath wiping the sweat off her brow she heard a weird crunching noise behind her.

Charlotte: "What the?"

She walked towards a wall of crystals looking through realizing it goes on for quite a bit, some weird midget people also known as Gajalaka's ran towards her screaming and pointing in the direction of the crystals and with that final look, Charlotte was knocked over dazed from the fall, she managed to get up and turned around to see the great big beast himself, Nergigante, he gave his mighty roar and Charlotte was now unbelievably terrified.

Charlotte: "I knew he was big, didn't think he was THAT big!"

She screamed and ran away from him, he was fast, super fast trying his hardest to grab Charlotte so he could gobble her up, soon enough Charlotte began to tire and with this tremendous heat she soon fell over due to exhaustion, she turned around and Nergigante was toppling above her staring directly into her eyes, but something was wrong his eyes weren't yellow like it said in the books, they were blue, weirdly enough the same blue Tom's eyes were, no it couldn't be, that's impossible, after thinking that Nergigante was knocked off her by the Azure Rathalos, what if this dragon was actually Tom, what if it wasn't capturing Tom it was Tom, no it is Tom with that thought Charlotte's eyes widen and she glared at them both, Azure Rathalos was picking a fight he definitely will lose but Charlotte didn't want either of them to fight, she rushed in between them both hands out to the side.

Charlotte: "Soul don't i know what he did but please, don't kill him."

Soul: "I don't care he killed my farther and now hes going to pay for it."

Charlotte: "I said no!"

Soul: "Fine then i'll kill you as well!"

Soul grabbed Charlotte with his claw carrying her far into the air, Nergigante knew exactly who this human was and dived towards Azure Rathalos battling him in the sky, Charlotte still stuck between Soul's sharp claws, and even if she were to escape a fall from this far would kill her, she didn't know what to do, Soul went to charge at Nergi but that was a wrong move on his part, it worked in Nergi's favor and he dug his tail spikes into his throat, Azure Rathalos came crashing to the ground Charlotte falling slowly beside him before being grabbed by another dragon and placed softly on the ground.

Charlotte: "Oh no, what have you done?!"

Charlotte said angrily with teary eyes, Nergigante not realizing that this Azure Rathalos was her friend, feeling guilty he walked over to try and reassure her, but to no avail Charlotte was having none of this.

Charlotte: "I don't care if you actually are Tom, you didn't have to kill him! Rathian is going to be so upset."

Nergigante didn't seem pleased with himself but he offered to help Charlotte, to be honest he was her only chance of getting out of here and making it back to Astera, so with that she decided to grin and bare it and mounted him, she told him the direction of the Ancient Forest and soon enough they would be there.

After making it back tired and depressed Charlotte now had to break the news to Rathian that her son is dead as well but we can't kill Nergi for it, great.

Charlotte: "Hi Rathian."

Rathian gave a struggled smile before tilting her head.

Charlotte: "Uhm, i have some bad news."

Rathian's face dropped as she began to notice her son wasn't with her.

Charlotte: "Well, Azure Rathalos, Soul is, dead..."

Charlotte began to tear up again at the sight of Rathians heart being broken a third time, she just stared at Charlotte still in shock from what was said, Charlotte didn't know what else to do despite also the culprit being just at the bottom of the tree perfect for her to strike him down to get revenge on her poor children and mate.

Charlotte: "Also, i brought Nergigante here, but please don't kill him it wasn't his fault that Rathalos and Soul died, he was just trying to protect himself and me, i don't expect this to make you more comfortable but Nergigante wasn't keeping Tom hostage, he is Tom, Tom is him..."

Rathian seemed shocked at this assumption, yes assumption even though this was true she wasn't going to believe it seen as she would love to just go and kill him right now, Charlotte began worrying over everything again and this made her begin to focus and she managed to hear Rathian speak.

Rathian: "I don't care whether its Tom or not! He killed my babies and my mate i will never get them back, i don't even get to see Soul's body! I'll keep him alive if what you say is true but i refuse to help you ever again with that thing walking around the place, alive"

Rathian snapped at Charlotte as she was taken aback by these words.

Rathian: "Goodbye Charlotte"

She said as she flew into the air traveling to an area where we wouldn't be able to find her, Charlotte now felt even more guilty, who else was going to leave her she turned to see Nergigante looking at her in awe but she still felt this was her fault.