|| Farewell Old Friend ||

It was early morning, Charlotte and Lagi were beside the seaside soaking up the hot rays, life was good she had Lagi back everything was going smoothly no more hunting, for a while at least, the only downside was that she didn't have Tom to spend all this time with as well, it would be so nice to introduce Tom to Lagi and see how they would get on.

Charlotte: "Right i'm gonna go get us some watermelon i think there's one in my tent"

Lagiacrus: "Growl~"

Charlotte went over to her tent to grab a watermelon but as she did Deviljho appeared out of no where, Charlotte thought he was trying to start a fight with Lagi but believe me that was the last thing on his mind, he seemed to be communicating with Lagiacrus, a few grunts here and there but they sounded more like stressful moans, Lagi had a shocked doubting look on his face, Charlotte hurried over as if she could hear the commotion, pretty soon Lagi picked up Charlotte placing her on the back of Deviljho, now she was really confused, Jho quickly trotted off Lagi slowly moving behind.

Finally making it to where they needed to be Jho took her to the great tree back to Rathian's nest.

Charlotte: "What the hell's going on? Why have you brought me, here......"

With that word loosely falling from her mouth she stared in disbelief.

Charlotte: "Rathalos?..."

She dismounted Deviljho and walked over to Rathalos, barely breathing laying silent on the floor, Charlotte fell to her knees, tears forming into her eyes, he began to move his mouth as if he was about to say something.

Rathalos: "Elder, Dragon ~sigh~"

And with those last words, Rathalos took his final breath before turning towards the afterlife, Lagiacrus finally made it to where they were, eyes filled with sorrow and regret, Charlotte placed her hand upon Rathalos' head beginning to fall onto him crying, she was focusing that much she could almost hear the monsters talk.

Unknown: "Look at this, this is what knowing those hunters do to us!"

Rathian: "Shut up, this is no time for arguing, your farther and my mate is dead!"

Charlotte heard the commotion and began to join in.

Unknown: "Im going back there and im going to slay that creature! Even if it means i die too"

Charlotte: "Stop it! cant you see whats just happened, Rathalos is dead i don't think arguing over who's fighting who is going to bring him back"

Charlotte presumed this new Azure Rathalos was they're son, the air went quiet and Charlotte began inspecting Rathalos' corpse.

Charlotte: "Spikes? these are huge definitely not from a normal wyvern"

Then she remembered what Rathalos said "Elder Dragon" he must've found Tom and this Elder Dragon could've been guarding him which lead Rathalos to attack, bingo!

Charlotte: "I'm going to find the creature that did this and i'm going to chop off its head and bring it back here as a token!"

Rathian struggled to give a smile.

Charlotte: "He needs a proper send off, we're going to give him a funeral, a cremation, what do you think?"

She asked looking at the monsters around her, they all seemed fairly pleased with the idea and with that they all travelled to the sea.

At the seaside Deviljho managed to find some broken bark that was big enough to fit Rathalos' corpse onto it, him and Azure Rathalos who Charlotte later found out was called Soul, picked up Rathalos and placed him onto the bark, Charlotte and Lagi stood aside and waited for everyone to say they're final words and goodbyes, they all left the body and gave room for Charlotte and Lagiacrus to grieve, Lagi insisted Charlotte to go first and with that she did.

Charlotte: "Hey old friend, we've been through a lot together and i would of never believed it to turn out like this, i feel guilty as all hell for making you look for Tom but hey it wasn't for nothing, i guess, i wish we had more time together Rath, you'll always be in my heart"

And with that speech Charlotte kissed him on the head with a final whisper of "goodbye", Lagiacrus looked down at the body refusing to cry and for the first time ever Charlotte could understand what he was saying.

Lagiacrus: "We've had a good life Rath, from hating each other to then coming together for one small human, you did good and always will i'm gonna miss you, you'll always be my best friend..."

Charlotte turned around in utter shock as Lagi placed his claw onto the raft and gave a might roar, he turned and walked away leaving it up to Rathian and Azure Rathalos to burn the body, as it lit up in flames Rathian pushed the raft out to sea and everyone stood there tears forming waving goodbye to their friend, mate and farther.

Charlotte: "Goodbye Rathalos we'll miss you."