josuke - stress relief

Start from the beginning

"(Name), don't scare me like that! I thought you died!"

"Okuyasu, I'm fine! Now lemme go, you're squeezing the life outta me!"

When you four arrived at school, there was still about fifteen minutes before your first hour, so there was still time to get that help from Yukako and Koichi. Dragging them to a bench near the fountain, the two began drilling the information into your head until the five minute bell rang.

"And remember, seventeen is B! Don't forget that, you had trouble with it!" Yukako called out to you, and you nodded, grabbing your schoolbag and running to class. With only a few minutes to run to the other side of school, you were Olympic sprinting until you saw Mrs. Hajimura's door. So close, you just had to make it in...!

Until the door slammed right in your face.

The impact knocked you clean over, a beautiful bloody nose spurting out and reddening quite literally everything. Your face, collar of your shirt, even some of your books had been covered in the red sticky substance. "Fuck!" You whisper yelled, trying to gather your bearings. Was today just your unlucky day? Did it have to do with that horoscope stuff?

As you began to get up and gather your fallen books, the dreaded noise rang. The late bell had declared you a delinquent, and you knew that it was going to be a long day. Standing up, you twisted the handle, but the door wasn't budging. Why the hell wasn't it moving?! You had to get in, class was going to start!

As you banged on the door, the bell rang, declaring you tardy. You kept trying to open the god forsaken door until finally a classmate opened the door for you. Thanking them and sulkily walking in, all eyes were on you, of course, but not just because of your banging on the door. The blood from your nose was still all over you, so it made you look like you had either murdered someone or been in a serious fight. With your cheeks reddening in embarrassment, you grabbed a tissue and did your best to clean off the blood on you.

Mrs. Hajimura, on the other hand, didn't seem to find you quite off the hook from the sudden disturbance. "(Name), why did you come in after the bell?" She demanded, rapping her fingers on the desk. Was it not obvious? The door was locked as soon as it closed! "I was almost here on time, but someone closed the door on me. It locked, my nose died and I'm late." You said, trying your best not to snap and show attitude. Your answer didn't satisfy her, though. "You had 15 minutes to get here on time, that's more than plenty of time to get here." You tried to respond back, but she gave you the cold shoulder, continuing with attendance. The impact from the door and this vulture of a woman was giving you a serious headache. Honestly, she was such a jerk!

Time passed on, and the dreaded test was coming up. You bit your finger, anxious. You just had to remember everything Yukako and Koichi taught you, and you would pass with flying colours, right? Right? After all, the test was just history, it wasn't like you were doing rocket science.

"Class! Put all electronics, ear buds and history books away! The test will begin soon! Have a sheet of paper and something to write with out!" Mrs. Hajimura barked, rapping her fingers on her crossed arm impatiently. With a sigh, you put away the history book you had been fervently reading through, hammering the information into your head. If you were going to pass this test, you had to remember the content! "(Name)! Book away!" You looked up, eyebrows perked.

"But, my book is away."

Seeing that your book was, in fact, away, Mrs. Hajimura stayed silent and instead barked at another student for the exact same reason. God, this woman was insufferable. Couldn't she just let people do things themselves without being reminded 50 times? Tapping your pencil against your other hand, you daydreamed while you waited for the tests to be passed out.