Chapter 1 - Meeting mister popular

Dragon Lake University is celebrating the 100th year commemoration which every staffs and students in the university is to join in on the celebrations that are held all over the campus for the whole week. Each department will also held open house activities for high school students from all over the country to visit in order to get to know the university and the departments better.

Now every department is in the preparation phase and there are 2 days remaining before everything starts. The Engineering department is nearly finish as they have lots of people especially strong guys to get their constructions and decorations done pretty fast. So other departments are requesting for their help.

"Hey Bai Yu, are you almost done?" 3rd year student, Gao WeiGuang, asks as he checks the overall progress and allocating the available students to the other departments that are asking for help.

"Almost. Do you need something from me, Gao-ge?" 

"Yeah, the guys over the Medical department needs more hands. Think you can head over there after you're done here?"

"Yeah, sure. I'll be there in a bit."

"Great, thanks. After you're done there, you can go home. We're already finished here."

"Gotcha."

Bai Yu is a 2nd year mechanical engineering student who is quite well-known for his rough handsome feature. Even though he has beard and mustache along with his messy hair, a lot of people still notice the handsomeness hidden under them and being attracted to it. So he kind of looks like a bad boy but one could also feel that he's one with a good and kind heart. Such a contradicting combination. Other than his looks, his skills are also talk of the town both on and off campus. Even if his grades are not top tier but he can build robots and stuffs. Moreover, he can also fix a lot of things to make it work again.

When Bai Yu finishes, he leisurely walks over to the Medical department located several blocks away from the Engineering department. His fellow friends are helping out with the lifting and moving of things in front of the department building.

"Yo, Bai Yu!" One of the guys call out to him.

"Needed more help?" Bai Yu asks while observing around to see what he could help with.

"Yeah, but not here though. There's a guy inside that's hanging the signs in the corridors. You go help him out."

"Got it." Then Bai Yu makes his way inside the building walking along the main corridor passing the smaller ones on the sides. As he passes the one of the left, he stops and takes a few steps back then pokes his head into the small corridor. There's someone on the step ladder hanging up the wooden sign in the middle of the corridor.

'This must be the guy they mentioned' Bai Yu thinks inwardly. So he walks over and greets the guy.

"Hey!"

But that simple words somehow startles the guy causing him to wobble on the step ladder and loses his balance. Bai Yu reflects immediately and catches him into his arms just in time as the guy falls backward off the ladder.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to surprise you like that." Bai Yu quickly apologizes for his mistake to the guy that's currently in his arms.

The guy peeks one of his eyes open and just notice that he didn't hit the ground but in someone's strong arms. So he fully opens his eyes and perk his head up from under his arms to meet with a rough looking guy.

"Are you okay?" Bai Yu asks when their eyes finally meet.

"Y-yeah, thank you for catching me in time." The guy replies back.