Chapter 13

Osvaldo's POV

It's been a few days since that, moment, Ava and I had. I couldn't really describe what had happened nor why it did, this time it was all her. Usually, I would be the one to flirt, the one to lead her on. But for her, she just went for it and seemingly didn't think twice about it.

This is what confused me about her intentions. She had always been the first one to say that we should keep it professional, that we should have a strict business relationship. I am confident in saying that right now at this point in time, we are far past just a business relationship.

I took a day off from dealing with my father's men and decided to head to the gym so I can clear my mind from everything that has happened. I know I didn't stop when she kissed me but I'm not even sure it is a bad thing. I'm sure she's well aware of my attraction towards her so it'd be hard to pull away, especially considering how everything transpired leading up to the kiss.

Just push it to the side Osvaldo you have to train

I enter the gym, change into my workout attire and get straight to lifting. I brought along my headphones so I can try and tune out my own thoughts with the music which seemed to be working in my favor.

I just can't help but wonder, what the fuck happened that pushed her to kiss me?

Meanwhile...

Ava's POV

"YOU DID WHAT!?" Redd exclaimed, practically spitting out her coffee.

"Scream it louder why don't you," I expressed in the crudest tone possible.

"I'm sorry Ava but damn girl! You kissed him! I told you something would happen with him," she mockingly joked.

"It is not a good thing Redd. This just made everything ten times worse, don't you realize that? I don't live the normal life you do, I can't be involved with anyone in that capacity," I said anxiously.

"Ava I know but..."

"There are no buts or what if's. This is by far the most impulsive thing I've ever done. How could I have been so selfish? Dante is in a damn hospital bed, unconscious, and I'm here worrying about the enemy's son." I said in a disheartened tone.

"Hey, look at me. You've fixed this before and yes, I know the situation isn't ideal but I'm sure Osvaldo would understand if you two would just talk things out. This was for sure just a heat-of-the-moment thing so, just go and talk to him about it," she said empathetically.

I sighed and looked at Redd who has now come over to my side of the desk to console me by hugging me. I grasp her arm lightly as I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. She walked back to the opposite side of the desk and sat back down with a calm expression on her face.

"So, how has Dante been? Has the doctor said much else, maybe some good news since that day?" she asked, sounding concerned.

"He just said his condition is remaining consistent. Although he is stabilizing at the normal pace, he might be unconscious for a few more days." I said gloomily.

We both looked down at a loss for words. Silence is something that has filled my world these past three days. It's that damn silence that allowed my head to go way over its limit. It was those same thoughts that occurred when my family was killed. Along came the guilt, but worst of all was the fear.

The doctor said he's fine, but in my mind, that's code for he's dying. Whenever someone says they're "fine", that means they are never okay. Just sitting there, watching him and his heart monitor side by side, it makes me go fucking insane.