Chapter 12

Osvaldo's POV

"Maldito hijo de puta; (fucking son of a bitch), you're fucking useless you know that?" I stated angrily, looking at one of my father's men.

"I-I'm sorry sir we hadn't noticed that he-"

"Please save the bullshit excuses. Fuck off will you?" I demand as I gripped the sides of my father's wooden brown desk at an attempt to conceal my anger.

Trevor brushed past the man leaving through the door and entered the office.

"Hey, you seem...irritated?" he questioned.

"This morning has been a disaster. There have been these guys hanging around the house since last week. I told my father's men that if they saw anything off with these guys to come to me, not him, but what do they do? They act like fucking idiots and call my father anyways." I stated furiously, my leg shaking vigorously.

"Shit, now what's gonna happen?" he asked with a hint of worry.

"I already got a call from him. He said he's tied up with some shit going on down in Oaxaca and told me to handle it. I'd just rather not have his mind on business here right now." I sighed.

"Well, he doesn't seem to be too worried about this right now. Apparently, Sebastion almost killed those guys last night, you know miembros del cártel; (cartel members)," he whispered.

"Yeah, I've heard. I'm shocked my father put his warehouse in Durango in the first place."

*phone rings*

"I'll let you get that. Talk to you later?"

"Yeah, see you."

Trevor gets up to exit and I pick up my cellphone.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's Ava. I need you to meet me at Pier 84 at around 8:00, okay?"

"Yeah sure. Is everything okay?" I asked inquisitively.

"I just wanted to talk about certain things regarding his arrival."

"Alright, I'll see you there, bye."

I hang up the phone and continue to get back to working around these shipment intakes that have been coming in. My mind raced with curiosity as I wondered why she would choose Pier 84 to meet but I brushed it off and continued working.

Ava's POV

"Are you sure you have everything? You have memorized all the plans I gave you, including the notes I made on the spreadsheet two days ago?" I asked Dante tensely as I frantically followed him around the warehouse while he continued getting prepared.

He did not answer me as he began loading his gun. He had changed into his gear beforehand and was just about ready to leave with the rest of my crew. I watched intensely as I began to notice that he had no fear of being alone tonight. I never expected him too, I'm fully aware Dante can handle his own.

Ever since my brother's passing, I've replaced Noah with Dante, a mistake I'm trying to fix as I'm sure Dante is over it at this point. Dante and I have grown up beside each other for as long as I've been alive. Slowly, Dante became like my second brother and has always been there for me and vice versa. If I couldn't protect Noah then the least I could do is protect Dante now, I thought.

After not speaking for about five minutes, he looked up and calmly said, "Ava, I'm going to be just fine. The last thing that I need you to do is to overreact and worry about how everything will transpire. I've got this."