Chapter 5

As I'm sitting in my office approving orders of guns and ammunition for our upcoming attack, there is a knock at my door.

"It's Dante, can I come in?" he says apathetically

"Yes," I say.

I could tell Dante has been trying to avoid me all week. I know he does not agree with my decision to work with Osvaldo. I understand his concern but if this will allow me to be rid of Sebastion for good, I am willing to take the risk.

As Dante walks in, I catch the disapproving looks he sends my way. It is never easy to please this man.

"Did you only come here to judge me?" I say in irritation.

"I'm not judging you Ava, I'm simply just looking at the risks. Just because Osvaldo made a good first impression, does not mean he is legitimate," he says with an imperious tone.

"I know, but I'm willing to take that risk. It's something I must do. You should understand more than anyone."

"I'm aware. I hope you are aware that we have to be careful of what is said around him."

"Do you not trust me? I am not that stupid Dante, besides when have I ever been wrong?" I say in a playful tone.

Dante chuckles as I assure him we will be just fine. He gets up and walks to the door to leave.

"When you go out there, call Andrea and Eli for me."

"You got it, boss," he says.

A couple of minutes later, Andrea and Eli both enter my office. I gesture for them to close the door and sit down. I give them each a layout of my enemy's warehouse I have been looking at.

"Now as you know, we are attacking Rosado in about a week. His warehouse is immense, so we are gonna need everyone to be heavily loaded, especially you two."

"Exactly how much ammunition are we going to need Ava?" Eli says questioningly.

"Yeah, I thought this was a small attack," says Andrea.

"It was supposed to be. However, the issue is that we just got word from our spy that his warehouse is bigger than we anticipated. This means we are going to have to cover more ground than usual."

"Well that's great, now we actually have to work," Andrea says jokingly.

Andrea and Eli are another pair of my most trusted members. They both attended some kind of training school like me when they were younger. Eli trained more in guns and ammunition, whereas Andrea trained in stealth along with similar training to Eli. Even though all of my members are trained to some capacity, they both were trained at an advanced level.

"I will be going over more intimate details later. In the meantime, using the layout of his warehouse, I would start making the plans on how you're going to cover out the area. I would also advise picking out who's coming with each you as well."

"Okay. We'll let you know," Eli says.

They both exit my office and I go back to signing off and reading deals and shipments.

Osvaldo's POV

"Osvaldo! My office!" my father yells.

"Ugh, what now!?" I say in annoyance.

I walk in and close my father's door. I sit down in one of the chairs as he begins speaking.

" Osvaldo, I have something very important to tell you in regards to the Ava investigation."

"Why? Is something wrong?" I say in concern.

"I will be handing over all of my plans to you," he says reluctantly.

State of Mindजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें