Chapter 16

Eugene

Being dead was pretty weird to say the least. At first I felt dizzy and as if I wasn't really standing on earth, but just floating in darkness. Then it was as if a huge, black hole was swallowing me up. I could here Susanna being the stubborn girl she was, ranting on about how I was going to get up and go for a walk or something like that, but when I tried to respond, I couldn't because my brain sort of switched off as if it didn't know how to speak or move. Then I remember feeling really cold, as if I'd been dropped six foot deep in snow, but my body wouldn't shiver to warm up because my brain had completely left me. But at the same time, I could still hear and sense things. The last part I remember actually feeling was my Fae side leaving me, and whilst it did I was thinking about things I would say to Susie to calm her down. Things like 'It's ok'. I think she heard some of the things I said because I heard her respond to them out loud. My Fae side dying was the worst possible feeling, as if half of me had been tore apart and ripped to shreds right in front of my eyes. I remember my Fae spirit came out my mouth, leaving me just... well dead... I couldn't feel, see or hear anything. I was just surrounded in darkness. It was the strangest feeling, yet it almost seemed peaceful.

I looked around the room and saw Aaron, staring at me with wide, tearful eyes. I knew that he'd hit me with his magic, but I wasn't going to let that get to him. After all, we were brothers, even if we did fight and even if he did kind of kill me...

"Eugene" Aaron gulped and looked at me, "Are you ok?" he asked, taking a couple of steps towards me. I walked towards him and he pulled me into a hug as soon I was near him. "Eugene I'm.... I'm sorry, I didn't meant to I-"

"Stop stressing" I chuckled "You were being controlled. You're my brother and I know you would never try and kill me if you weren't under enchantment" I replied honestly "Anyway, it wouldn't really matter if I did because I'd still be alive in human form"

"Eugene just shut up," Aaron said as he hugged me and patted me on the back. For once I actually did what he told me to do and enjoyed our brotherly affection.

When I looked up from his shoulder, I saw my dad, standing behind a pile of cardboard boxes and trying to hide himself. I smiled sadly and broke out from the hug Aaron and I were in.
"Hi dad" I said

"Dad?" Aaron questioned. I ignored him, walked over to dad and gave him the biggest hug I could possibly could. "I'm so sorry I stormed off earlier" I apologised "I'm so, so sorry"

"Don't be sorry son" I took a deep, shaky breath in and enjoyed the time I had with him. I felt his strong, capable arms around me and smiled to myself. My dad was back.

"Dad? But... how... when?" Aaron stuttered and I turned around to face him

"I've been here all along Aaron, its just things were to chaotic for you to notice me, not to mention you were enchanted. Now forget about any questions you were going to ask and please just come here," Dad commanded in a playfully stern voice. Aaron did as he were told and walked up to him. "Looks of you're father I see" He smiled, and hugged Aaron as well, before pulling both of us in his arms. "I've got two of my boys back, now where's my third?" He questioned

"He's at my place!" I stopped dead in my tracks

"And Tanya's gone..." Aaron looked at me, his face frozen in fear, and I knew exactly what he was thinking. But without warning, I imagined the lounge of my house and the sofa that I had left Marcus on, sound asleep, and in an instant flash of light, I was gone.

When I arrived in the lounge, I took a look around to find it in a state, as if we'd just been burgled. Cushions were scattered around the room along with broken ornaments, and the TV had a huge shatter in the bottom left corner. "Marcus!" I shouted as loud as I could. Getting no reply, I ran upstairs. "Mark!" I shouted even louder.