Chapter 1

Slumping down next to Amber on my bed, I let out a defeated sigh and groaned in frustration. My eyes automatically drifted to the window in front of me, and landed on next doors cream blind that was completely rolled down, stopping any prying eyes from looking inside. I averted my gaze to the mirror, and my now enhanced silvery blue eyes met their reflection as my lids shimmered a soft rose gold. Dark chocolate brown hair tumbled around my shoulders in large, perfect curls. One shorter, particularly bouncy curl fell right in front of my left eye, swaying and tickling my long thick lashes. A beautiful rose pink covered my lips as my cupids bow, my cheekbones and the inner corners of my eyes shone with a pearly glow. My skin was dewy and warm with colour, not exactly tanned, but not exactly pale either. I smiled softly at my reflection, just as a tumble of warm oranges and gold swished out from behind me.

"I give up" I sighed "I've tried every possible combination of clothing, and I can't find a bloody thing to wear"

"Oh come on!" Amber gaped from behind me as she poked her head round to face me in the mirror. Her brows were furrowed together in annoyance as her mouth hung open, her bold red lipstick enhancing her plump lips. "You've had loads of cute possibilities. You're just not feeling yourself today"

"Maybe we shouldn't go out tonight" I turned to face her, half begging her and half politely asking

"Absolutely not. You're not getting out of this. I've been hyped about tonight for two weeks now. You're not bailing on us"

"Fine" I shrugged as I stood back up from my white bed, the duvet patterned with tiny embroidered black flowers. I made my way back over to my wardrobe and flung the doors open in annoyance. Taking a step back, I clicked my tongue against the roof of my mouth as I inspected each item of clothing that hung.

"Why don't you wear my pink leather skirt with your backless black top?"

"That's showing way to much skin for my liking" I laughed

"Ok then, how about that dusty pink chiffon off the shoulder top with your black culottes and my rose gold choker necklace?" Amber pointed at each individual object as she spoke, some lay next to her on the bed, others scattered on the floor in a heap. My room was a mess. Despite the fact I'd recently had it decorated, I couldn't keep it clean. Underneath the clothes that had been tossed on the floor in frustration was actually a cute circular black faux fur rug. I'd re- painted my walls white and had all new decor. A crystal vase sat on my bedside table, some Lilly's gracefully leaning out of them, and another sat on my draws. New simple, satin black lamps accompanied the vases and a collage of pictures of me and my family and friends adorned my wall.

"What's with all the pink?" I asked with a soft smile

"Umm, hello?" She sang, her eyes rolling up, " What colour are your nails Susanna?"

"Baby pink"

"And what colour is your lipstick?"

I laughed again, "Baby pink"

"Rose" She corrected "The lipstick is rose"

"Yeah ok" I smiled "I understand. Ok, off the shoulder top and culottes it is"

"At last" She whined before her newly painted white nails reached out and grabbed the necklace next to her before she threw it in my direction. I caught it and put my arms around my neck as I clasped the necklace together. In the centre of the simple rose gold chain choker dangled a small heart that pleasantly winked in the light
"Took you long enough"

"So, this bar" I started as I took off my kaki tracksuit bottoms and replaced them with my high waisted culottes, "Where is it?"

"Braidhall I think" She said, "It's only a 20 minute drive"