Chapter 5

*** Ok, so if you really want to get into the moment then try playing the video when you see this ^^^ Obviously it won't fit with the music exactly due to the speed which you read, but hopefully it'll just allow you to set the scene a bit more. The video I chose is how I imagine Eugenes voice to sound like, but his appearance is quite different to the guy in the video, so just bare that in mind ;P

Other than that, I hope you like this chapter, this is the first time I've ever really added an authors note, so here it is! I've worked so hard on this chapter and re-wrote it all because the first one I published was a bit naff, so please leave you're comments!***

Susanna

Prom.

Yep, it had come to the chaotic day where I would spend the entire day preparing myself to put on the magical purple dress I had brought a week ago. Not only that, but it was also my 18th.

I'd woken up at 10:30 to the refreshing and sweet smell of roses that gracefully peeked out of my crystal vase. I smiled at their presence and rolled over onto my stomach, the soft cotton of my duvet gently brushing against my skin. My arm hung down the side of my bed as my hair tangled around my face in a dark mess. My eyes closed as the room slowly faded into a dark haze before a light suddenly lit up the darkness and my eyes re-opened. My phone buzzed with life as numerous notifications pinged through my phone. I groaned and picked it up before sitting upright. I scrolled through my phone, looking through all of the 'happy birthday' messages and replying to as many as I could. A smile tugged at my lips as I stretched my legs and arms whilst giving out a mighty yawn, relief flooding through my body. I stood up from my bed, my sky blue satin pyjama shorts flowing around my thighs as I slipped on my slippers and headed downstairs.

The sweet smell of pancakes wafted through my nose as I trudged down the stairs. As I opened the kitchen door, my parents came into view. My mom stood by the frying pan sizzling some pancakes, and my father sat in his usual spot at the kitchen table, with a newspaper in his hands. They looked up when they saw me and beamed.

"Happy birthday princess" My dad smiled, his blue eyes twinkling in the kitchen light. He extended his arm out to me to give him a hug, and so I walked up to him and stooped down, allowing him to engulf me in his arms. A soft kiss was planted on my forehead as my mom walked around to me and squeezed me tight.

"My little girls grown into a beautiful young lady" She smiled "I can't believe you're eighteen, happy birthday"

"Thanks mom" I laughed as she pulled away, excitement then dancing in her eyes as if she were a small child.

"Come on, let's give you you're present" She beamed from ear to ear as she picked up a small envelope from the kitchen table and handed it to me. Written on the front in small capital letters was my name, with a small smily face at the end. I laughed at my dad's handwriting and gently ripped it open. My hand dug inside, and as I felt the cool touch of metal and pulled out the object inside, a muffled jingling sounded. As I pulled the envelope away, a set of shining keys were revealed.

"Mom... No way" I muttered as she beckoned me to follow her, a cunning smile on her face. My mom walked out of the kitchen and unlocked the front door as I followed her eagerly.

"Come on, follow me, you'll have to come outside"

"You haven't" I shook my head in disbelief as a smile crawled onto my lips before it slowly turned into a beam.

I stepped outside as a cool breeze gently kissed at my cheeks. My eyes automatically landed on the unfamiliar block of colour that sat on the driveway. A startling red fiat 500 with a pink ribbon across the bonnet and a large bow on the roof was parked, the metal shining in the morning sunlight.