Chapter 4

Eugene

"U I'm back!" Aaron called, followed by the bang of the front door.

"Where have you been all day?" I asked suspiciously, switching the channel over on the TV "I thought you were just going to town to get some food"

"I was" Aaron said, plopping bags full of groceries onto the kitchen floor "But I met this girl" I moaned and switched the channel again onto the six o'clock news. It's Wednesday? I thought as the presenter on the screen announced the date and time. I couldn't decide whether time was plodding along or flying by. He walked into the lounge and plonked himself onto the other sofa, stretching his legs and wings before letting out a mighty yawn and stretching his arms above his head, his muscles flexing.

"I dread to think how you met her" I laughed with a small smirk on my face, I turned to face him as he opened his mouth to say something. I put my hand in front of me to stop him, "In fact, don't"

"Hey I'm not an ass all the time" He frowned. I raised my eyebrows at him, a playful smile on my face as if to say, 'well...'. He caught onto my expression and threw a cushion at me as I caught it instantly in my hands and plopped it behind me.

"I was getting some crisps and went to go and pay when she dropped her bag full of fruit and stuff in it, so, being the gentleman I am," I laughed, making him scowl at me, "As I was saying, being the gentleman I am, I helped her pick everything back up. Anyway, she was all like 'Oh thanks so much' and I was like 'no problem, do you want me to help you put them in your car' and she nodded" He rambled "So I helped her put them away and then she asked if I wanted to join her for a coffee at The Greenhouse so obviously I said yes. So we went and had coffee-"

"Coffee?" I raised an eyebrow "Is that actual coffee or a metaphor for something"

"No, Eugene, we actually got coffee, if you don't believe me you can check my freaking receipt" He frowned defensively

"What does she look like?"

"She's medium height, long blonde hair and cranberry eyes"

"Just your type" I rolled my eyes

"She's gorgeous" He said, staring up at the ceiling and lying on his back, in his own dreamy world.

"You'll crease your wings if you do that" I said "Are you listening to me?" I chuckled as he completely ignored me

"Changing the subject, you really need to get some sort of transport" He sighed, snapping out of his small gaze "I'm knackered. I flew all the way there and I walked around the market and centre for ages"

"You buy one, I don't need one" I shrugged and he looked at me, his eyebrows raised. I knew what he was thinking. He has literally got no money because of the fact he doesn't work.

"So..." I started, turning to face him as I watched his eyes dance around the TV screen. "Are you seeing her again or not?"

"Yeah" he stated, his eyes still on the TV "this Friday. I think. She asked if I was doing anything and I said i'd check"

I nodded my head, a bemused smile tugging at my lips as I continued to stare at him. His eyes pulled away from the TV, and his head followed as he slowly turned to face me. Mirroring emerald green eyes met mine as he raised his eyebrows and his eyes widened.

"What?" He said with a shrug of his shoulders

"Nothing"" I laughed before my mind trailed elsewhere and I stared at the TV. A thought suddenly popped in my head, and I couldn't help but sink further into the sofa, my shoulders slumping,